hpwellsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:59 pm 
Post subject: pregnancy in unknown location first time mother to be
Hi guys
looking for some support and advice really
been in hospital for 4 days only came home yesterday after a complete rollercoaster of emotions. Had shooting pains in vagina, anus, and sides Wednesday night, I went to the emergency nurse who did a urine sample (there was blood in it) but said I had a pulled muscle in my back and gave me painkillers. I didnt believe her but hoped the tablets would help until I could get to see a gp.
The next morning I woke up, pain still there and I had a blood from my vagina. Very watery and some spots of dark brown in it. Went straight to emergency doctor this time. Who asked if I might be pregnant. Hubbie and I have been trying since May, but did not think I was pregnant. I had period in August, was late in Sept but did 2 home tests and one at the drs which were negative and then came on a few days later. (this was only about 2 weeks ago)
did test at drs who confirmed I am pregnant and send me to A&E to the Gyni on call.
After bloods, and internal examinations I had an ultra sound, and transvaginal scan. transvaginal showed fluid in my left tube. firstly I was going to be operated on (for ectopic pregnany) , then 12 hours later it was decided to wait, then 12 hours after that it was going to be surgery again, and then 12 hours later, another consultant said how did I feel the pregnancy was going? I am not sure how I was meant to answer that as never been pregnant before. It has been decided that because my blood pressure etc is stable and the pain isnt very bad (not taking any painkillers) and my hcg level went up slightly over 48 hours, that they have let me home and I have a pregnancy of unknown location. I have to go back in tomorrow for more blood tests.

As you can imagine im really scared.I was constipated and a lot of the pain felt like bad wind, and i now have a feeling in my stomach like someone is pulling it and expanding it. the blood is still very slight spotting (no need to use a pad)
im scared of surgery and if needed would rather have methotrexate, im trying not to smoke (plan was to give up when fell pregnant) but im so worried and stressed that ive only cut down from 20 a day to 3, and from reading other peoples messages, there doesnt appear to be a quick way out of this. people seem to have to wait for weeks for bloods etc
i dont know if the period i had in sept was a real period in which case im only a couple of weeks pregnant or if my last period was august which makes me 4-5 weeks pregnant!
im sorry for rambling and all the spelling mistakes
XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
i think you need to have a serious conversation with whoever you see next. there are too many women out there who have lost their tubes unnecessary because of doctors telling them to wait me included. there isnt enough done to spot this in time.
i really hope it isnt this for you
i have my fingers crossed for you and i hope its a sticky bean
sending you sticky thoughts
xx

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Sad sadly I know the hell you are going through..cos I am there at the moment..
had scan at 6 wks,, they saw nothing.. hcg bloods were done.. they only rose slightly.. more bloods and second scan.. a week later..nothing again.. started bleeding so thought I was having a m/c.. this went on for 3 days.. and is now really light..in the mean time..i have had pain in right side and also my hcg is STILL rising.. this nightmare hasd been going on 10 days so far.. I suspect ectopic due to tubal surgery that I had.. I am hoping it will be sorted tomorrow.. if I make it til then..am having a scan and a Lap..
this doesnt sound good for you either... sadly not enough is done util often its too late.. Sad
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I am so sorry you are going through this. Their treatment of you is an absolute disgrace. No one should have to put up with you are!
You really need to demand action here - many women experience what they think is a 'period' but it's not and they do In fact have an ectopic pregnancy.
It sounds like you are about 6 weeks pregnant, and experiencing true ec topic symptoms.
If your HCG levels are above 1500 and there is no sac seen in the uterus, an ectopic should be suspected.
Once your levels are above 2400 and there is no sac seen on scan it is usually a diagnosis of a PUL if there is no mass seen anywhere else on scan.

Please read the AEPU guidelines (link on the Ectopic Pregnancy Awareness thread). It doesn't sound like they are following them!
Take a copy with you, and wave them at them. If they fail to act then threaten them with legal action.

In the meantime, if you are in acute pain dial 999. It sounds like things could be very close, and the unit is risking your life.

Take care
Julie x

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
hpwellsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanx for messages
My last blood test showed just over 500 on pregnancy hormone level.. It had only
Increased by 100 or so in 48 hrs
But gynaecologist said
This isn't necessarily worrying if I
Am very early on in pregnancy
But for people who have
Been through
Eptopics did u have
Pains in and
Up your anus? I have
Pain in my groin n leg tonight
But it's not severe
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Yes,
I had pain up my bottom (classic EP sign) and spiraling up to my hip. Ruptures can happen with your HCG at any level, and have even been documented at levels under 100.
They need to pull their finger out and offer you a lap & dye. Have you looked at the AEPU guidelines?
If you are in pain they should NOT be expectantly managing you.
Your levels are rising slowly and not doubling. This is also an indicator of an EP. You really do need to complain about your poor care.

Julie xx

hpwellsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 am 
Post subject:
Been to epau this morn
Hormone level gone from 529 to well under 200 it look like pregnancy is failing naturally
Going bk on Wednesday for more bloods and if it's not dropped by then I'll have methotrexate
Feel happier and once this is over I will have dye tests done
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:14 am 
Post subject:
That's better news for you. Please keep an eye on it though, because as I said before, ruptures have been seen even with HCG at very low levels.

Take care
Julie x

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Sad wish mine had done that.. but hopefully you should be ok xx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:11 am 
Post subject:
Me too Sad

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:12 am 
Post subject:
Me too Sad

hpwellsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies
Thought I'd update
On Wednesday it had dropped to 88 today shows a level of 32 pain has eased loads gyne nurse advised I will have a bleed n today I've started spotting today
Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones where it's rectified itself I hope Smile I must admit my consultant gyne n nurses have looked after me well xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular