weaning nightmares

pj2
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject: weaning nightmares
please help i have a 6 month old daughter who started on solids 3 weeks ago and its not going well at all she wont accept anything she spits it out screams blue murder turns her head away and if anything does get into her mouth she promptly vomits and redecotates the room by spraying the food by blowing bubbles in it. it was never this hard to wean my son but that was 5 years ago and he started at 4 months old.

anyway have completely run out of ideas and am now desperate for any advice please please please
Question
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
Have a day or two break, then try again!! Confused
pj2
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
done that she still wont accept anything
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Is she drinking her milk ok and sleeping well, if so perhaps shes not quite ready for weaning. Is she just not hungry after her milk.
pj2
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
sleeping well and taking milk well i think she not ready too but hv keeps saying she is as she loosing a bit of weight i dont wont to force her to ear incase this puts her off even more but i dont wont her to get ill either
Josiesmummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
Have you tried giving her proper food (as in not purees) like baby led weaning? Perhaps she will munch on some finger foods and feed herself rather than being fed.
Sasha1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:38 pm 
Post subject: my 6 month old not willing to eat solids
After 2 weeks of eating boiled rice with milk, my baby won't eat anything, including pureed fruit. I understand that most babies take to fruit so infact I gave the rice a break for a week and tried fruit but no luck.

Any advice or suggestions?
BrightMind
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
I know this sounds horrible but you need to be consistent, giving less milk so that she is hungry.
A lot of baby’s in our nursery found it really hard to take the puréed food, but once it was dribbled out of their mouth you just, clean it off their face and give them a little more until they have take about 4 spoon full of food. The are some great food books mentioned on http://www.education-games-for-kids.com/baby-games.html at the bottom of the page, which gives interesting recipe ideas. We started our baby’s off on carrots and potatoes as the carrots are sweet and the baby’s seem to like it.

Hope that is of some help

Victoria

http://www.education-games-for-kids.com/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular