pregnant after ectopic

kimshep5
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:41 pm 
Post subject: pregnant after ectopic
Iv just today found out im pregnant,15 months after ectopic. Im very early on and not been to docs yet and cant stop worrying. My ectopic meant i had to have tube removed and have had pains on and off ever since and docs cant figure out why. I cant tell anyone but my husband and mother as i keep thinking the worst but trying to stay strong. I never thought i could get pregnant i always thought i wanted this so much i would never get the chance. What can i do to help, eat healthy, stress free(easier said than done) and im already taking vitamins and folic acid.
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
Kim,
please go and see your GP and INSIST on an early scan at your EPU. It is natural to be scared after what you have been through, and you really do not need the worry (although you will).
They should be able to tell you at 6 weeks if your baby is in the right place - and even 5 1/2 weeks if your dates are spot on.
They just need to see the sac is in the righ place. They should do your HCG bloods too. Once your bloods reach 1500, there should be a definate yes or no answer.

They messed up with me, and I lost my right tube last year after telling them and they wouldnt listen. Dont let it happen again,
Take care - and let us know how you get on.

Julie x

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Virgin316
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
I also lost my baby and right tube a couple of years ago. The doctor wrote me a letter saying that as soon as I got pregnant again I should go to the EPU and get a scan. After being on Clomid for a few months I found out I was pregnant last December. I called the hospital straight away and as soon as I told them I had had an ectopic before they asked me to come in the next day.
They did a scan but couldn't see anything (I wasn't quite 6 weeks pregnant then) which terrified m as I thought it was happening all over again. They asked me to come back 3 days later (these weren't the best 3 days I've ever had!!) and they finally saw the sack and confirmed the pregnancy looked normal (well as normal as it can look at tht early stage) and I am now 34 weeks pregnant.DEFINITELY go to the EPU and get it checked out.
Also, I've been having pains ever since the operation but the doctors put it down to scar tissue...and in recent months with the baby growing and my skin stretching the pain has been increasing but doctors tell me it's pretty normal as the scar tissue is getting stretched.
GOOD LUCK! I hope it all works out for you x
hpwellsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kim have you been doctors epu? How are you what happened? Xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular