how safe am i?

mum0f3girlies
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:33 pm 
Post subject: how safe am i?
Right i got a question......... I am mum to 3. First was a natural labour with ventouse, 2nd and 3rd were both c-sections (elective) due to breech. Whilst signing myself out of hospital 21 hours after last one i was told that due to my size and having now 2 scars, that they 'highly recommended' i never have another baby as it could be and i quote... 'life threatening!!' How true is this?????? I have heard and also know people who have gone on to have more caesareans of even normal vaginal births, so would do you ladies think???
My biological clock is ticking away and would love to have another child b4 its too late, but should i ???? XX
molly1973
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
well my sister inlaw went into labour with her 1st baby, and had problems so had to have an emergancy c section, she has been told max of 4 sections, and no natural births. so cant see why any different for you. i would go and get a second opinion, just to be sure! good luck xxxx
BurroughsL
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
I read in a mother and baby mag recenlty (sorry cant remember which one) about a woman who had a natural birth after 2 c-sections....

good luck! XX
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
hi. ive had 2 sections. 1st emergency under general due to my son having atrue knot in his cord. My 2nd was a recommended elective with my daughter, but under spinal. I have just lost my baby due to an Ep, but was told when I first found out I was expecting my 3rd was told I could try for a natural because it had been 8 yrs since DD and scar should have healed well. Was told it would be trial of scar though. Im hoping when ( not if as trying to stay positive) i fall pregnant again I can still trial of scar, even though I had laproscopy to remove tube. My clock also ticking. Without being too personal is it size or scars or really both? I really feel it might be worth getting a second opinion, so If poss you can try again for what you want. Take care Pup X
BurroughsL
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, have a read of this months "Mother and Baby" (May) there are three women in there who have had VBAG after c-sections, a couple of them had to switch dr's/hospitals to get the support they needed but one of them even had a home birth.

Good luck.
XX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular