Low temperatures ?? BBT chart making me feel ill

ja43118
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:28 am 
Post subject: Low temperatures ?? BBT chart making me feel ill
Hi - I have been charting my BBT and my temperature is constantly below 35. I had one day above, some at 34.7 - but the majority seems to be at 33.7. All the BBT charts start at 35 - so feeling a bit odd about this.

Anyone else have this problem?

Jo x
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
I'm afraid not, but I guess if you have been healthy your whole life, there should be no cause for concern. Does your chart show any sign of ovulation/ temp rise mid way through cycle. (This should only be 0.4 degree diff higher which should remain higher until your next period.) If there is not increase at all in temp at all through your whole cycle, then maybe speak to your doc?

x
jenniP35
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
Normal temp is between 35.0 and 37.0. Anything either side you are verging on hypothermia or pyrexia (too hot)

How are you taking your temp. There are a couple of nice big veins on the underside of your tongue. You'll see them if you open wide and lift it. Put you thermometer under your tongue neck to one these, put your tongue on top and close your mouth. Smile
ja43118
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
I am putting on top of my tongue right at back as detailed on the thermometer sheet. I will try tomorrow morning underneath my tongue. I have docs in morning so will see what he says too.

Thanks
Jo
jenniP35
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jo

It is most definatley under the tongue - take it from an ex nurse Smile Maybe you're instructions were upside down Laughing Take your temps on top and below your tongue just now and you will see a slight difference
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular