shopping ???

gingin
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:15 pm 
Post subject: shopping ???
ok girls those of u who have already done this will def be able to help with this one, when does one start getting ready for the arrival ? ie when is it good to start planning the nursery etc and is there an idiots guide to what you "have to have" for new sproglet !! this may sound terribly insensitve but i know with a horse its an expensive time and i thought if i get a bit every month it will be easier limit the "damage" so to speak
i know though about fate and i dont want to tempt it but we want to be positive about this !!
gx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
All my partners family are superstitious (sorry spelling is awful!) but I personally cannot afford to be! =)

We have already started buying nappies: a good guide is to think you will need around 10 packs of the first size (we have seven so far)

We have tried to buy vess, scratch mits socks etc but havent gone mad on general clothes as alot will be bought as gifts!

Plus I want to get pink or blue etc...

We have bought a steriliser (10.00 asda) the fancy ones really are not necessary! you get 3 new bottles with it to!

i heard a good guide for new board is around 5 bottles.

Asda is very cheap for vest etc also scratch mits 50p for a pack of 2 in primark! plain vests are good in primark to!

We are lucky as my mum is doing the nursery for us (which I personally think doesnt need doing until last minute as the baby will be in your bedroom for a while) and buying the cot! His Mum and dad are buying us the pram.

We buy bits and bobs monthly from boots (build up on advantage points and get double points on most baby items!)

You will be surprised how it accumulate quickly! sorry to ramble on.. hope this helps! =)

xx
Twinks
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
I think it's best to buy bits as you go along, you'll be surprised by how much you actually have at the end of it ... I'm 35+2 and the nursery is bursting at the seams Smile
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
I wanted to buy a lot of stuff now so I don't have to panic on maternity pay for nappies!!! I'm 18 weeks and starting buying wee things like johnsons baby wash/oil/lotion, nappies etc quite early and then got a few bits and bobs of clothing that i have liked too along the way. My bubba is due in July so I used the winter sales to buy a lot of 3-6 month unisex stuff for wintertime. We have bought our buggy/pram/travel system thingy cos it was on special offer even though I know it's mean to be bad luck I need to buy things whilst i'm still getting paid well. Mum and dad are buying the cot bed around june and have given my old moses basket which we have bought a new mattress for. Have bought some nursey stuff just last week and am painting it next week before I get too big to do it!!!! Sorry I am rambling too! I would just say to buy what you want when you want! Very Happy
Claire xxx
gingin
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:13 am 
Post subject:
ok thats a good start, i will wait until after our wedding in May then will begin i think, plus clothes in sweden are so much nicer for children but everyday stuff like nappies etc is double the price so i think we are going to do a shopping trip to uk and fill the car
i know it sound stupid but when i got my horse the bills soon mounted up and i had to do most of it in one hit, i dont want the other half to look at the credit stats and go ballistic not that its a problem or anything but if we do it bit at a time it will be less obvious !! also we turned the room thats best for the nursery into a working office whoops so now we will have to have a rethink and possibly do an extension next year - double whoops !!
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject: nursery and baby stuff
Hi Gingin ! I am usually really organised ( annoyingly so ) but i have been really last minute with baby things. I'm sure its becasue of a previous bad experience i did'nt actually believe i was going to have a baby ! I'm now 37+3. This is what we have got so far ( i've only got these things in the last couple of weeks which i supose was leaving it a bit late when i think about it as i have had a couple of false alarms this week and did wonder what i would have done if the baby was to come a few weeks early !!!!!!!!!!!!) :

Cot and changing table - from my nan - mothercare - really nice
second hand mamas and papas baby bouncer ( my mum bought )
2nd hand mamas and papas pram and new car seat ( my mum bought )
mother care baby bath & top and tail bowl ( again, my mum )
4 x packets new born nappies - on offer in asda
cotton wool and lotion
lots of baby grows and sleep suits - given to us by friends and relitives & xmas pressies
new carpet for the nursery ( my dad )
new moses basket ( 40 ) from babies r us ( we bought that )
Seriliser - given to us by reletives
8 X baby bottles ( we bought as new ) & bottle cleaning brush
large tub of formula ( i've decided to bottle feed for personal reasons )

To be honset with you, i think you THINK you need more than you do! As long as the baby has clean clothes and somewhere warm and comfy to sleep you'l be fine !
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hey guys, just to let you know if you're wanting to get some nappies Tesco have Huggies Newborn 2 (7-13lbs) on special offer til the start of March - 2 packs of 72 for 16. i got some today and thought it was quite a god deal xxxx
beachwaves
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:31 am 
Post subject:
You can go shopping as soon as you are ready. It's best that you do it early during the pregnancy so that you will be stress free for the rest of the remaining time. If you want, you can also shop online and have your purchases delivered at your doorstep.
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:58 am 
Post subject:
I've pretty much got the clothes I need, sleepsuits, vests etc but none of the big stuff.
My sister in law is letting me have her pram
Parents in law are buying the cot
but both are keeping hold of it until nearer the time as for everything else I think I'll just get it here and there.
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:05 am 
Post subject:
hiya!
well ive been super organised , ive got 13 wks to go and everything is done and ready to go so now i can enjoy some me time. Im so glad i got everything while my bump was smaller and i had the energy as now i really struggle to just get around normally!! (i have put on alot of weight and my back is killing!)
the only thing i wont have in the house till after baby is born is the pram, which the shop are holding for me.
i love spending time looking at all the bits and peices i have bought and cant wait till nearer the time to get it all washed and all the stuff out of the boxes and put them in there relevent places around the house!
your right though, its surprising how it soon adds up and when u dont know what sex the baby is its still easy to go over the top, so its probably a good thing i didnt know!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular