Lots of changes and my ex wants to discuss this!!

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 pm 
Post subject: Lots of changes and my ex wants to discuss this!!
I have been seperated (divorced now) from my ex for 2 years. I was luckty enough to meet a lovely man who adores me and I am now 20 weeks pregnant with his child. Our plan is to wait unitl after the baby is born (and the extension built) for me to move to live with him in a house he owns about an hour or so from here.
My children see their dad every other weekend for the whole weekend and a week in each long school holidays. He has sent me a message today that he wants to meet do discuss what will happen regarding access in teh future. I have reassured both him and his mum that nothing will change, even if we both have to drive to meet in the middle to do drop offs! But he obvioulsy has a bee in his bonnet about it. No matter what horrible things happened in the past he is still their dad and I have pushed for him to have access, to see the kids even when he was only just out of mental healthcare and barely abke to look after himself.
He has a new partner with a small child, who lives away so I can't see why he is getting het up. I also dread our chats as it is so very difficult to remain the reasonable one. My new partner has said he will drive the children to their dads if he has to as its imoortant they maintain contact. New partner curently undrgoing court battle to see his own daughter as he did something inconsiderate, he went to Afghanistan for 6 months!
Sorry for long rant just need to get it off my chest. I have said I will meet but these meetings are stressful!!
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
It sounds like you're being very reasonable. Perhaps he just needs to see you to be reassured. Hope it isn't too stressful

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for reply, just needed to sound off. OH visting tonight who always says I am too soft on ex. I tend to think anything for a quiet life. He texted me last weekend he had them to see if they needed to wear normal clothes under fancy dress outfits! And I replied!!! I will just stay on message with this, as I have done about everything since we split, and hope he finally gets message.

His mum is visitng this weekend which I will also do my best to reassure, my suspicion is that it is as much her problem as his (she has been worried ever since before we split that I would stop her seeing the grandchildren, I still speak to her on the phone at least once a month).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular