misty123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:29 pm 
Post subject: Help! about to start maternity & being made redundent 01
Wink
Hi all,
I was wondering if someone would be able to help me or point me in the right direction for some advise. I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and have currently been signed off work with SPD. I still have 8 days holiday entitlment left which i will be unable to take before the end of 01.01.11, which is when
A: I am due to go onto maternity leave and
B: being made redundent (great timing).
My first question is does anyone know if i am entitled to have my holiday pay on top of my redundency pay or will i lose the holiday pay?

My second question is: I have read that i should be entiled to 90% of my wage, but does this mean my normal wage (when at work) or does it mean the sick pay that i have/will be getting up until i go onto maternity, also because i will be made redundent who will i get SMP from?

Help i'm soooo confussed... Crying or Very sad

If anyone that could help me with any of these questions and put my mind at rest to what is supposed to be an enjoyable time, but instead is turning into one of the most stressfull ones, i would appricate any help/advice. Thank you. Lisa.
Twigg
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Sorry you are having a stressful time, direct gov are very helpful and citizens advice, get in touch with them asap!
Good luck!!
misty123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Twigg,

Many thanks for your reply and your kind words. I will spk to direct gov and see if they can help. Tried Citizens advise but unfortunetly they were not very helpful.

Thanks again. x
kirstyh
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Misty

I know you posted a while ago, was just sending a message to see how you have got on, i am in the same situation as you with redundancy, so anything you have found out would be helpful to know Smile I am 33 weeks pregnant, and start my maternity leave in 2 weeks, and find out if i am being made redundant 2 days before i leave...!! arrghh stressful times and i really feel for you xx

littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:09 am 
Post subject:
I'm in the same position - redundancy 31/12/10 and baby due 19/2/10 - this website says that you're still entitled to statutory maternity pay if you are with your employer on qualifying week (and meet all other criteria) even if you're then made redundant.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Moneyandworkentitlements/WorkAndFamilies/Pregnancyandmaternityrights/DG_10029290

Company maternity pay seems to be a different matter - I'm not getting any as I won't be able to satisfy the criteria of returning to work for a month after a baby - yours may be different.
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
I was in a similiar position whilst on maternity leave, but didnt atually find out that y job was one to go until I went for my return to work interview (very naughty of my work). I did know they were making redundancies so phoned acas, and they said as long as the company was still trading then they would have to pay my maternity pay, but if they ceased trading I would have to claim maternity allowance from the job centre.

When i went back to work, i was offered an alternative position.

also as you are being made redundant when your due to go on maternity leave, i would seriously look at why they have picked you? Are there still people there who havnt worked there as long as you? poor performers? lots of sick days? It may be worth speaking to acas or cab, as they may have acted unfairly towards you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular