Baby Shower

bumpno2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject: Baby Shower
Friday 4th April - 35 weeks 4 days

Hello,

My sister has organised a baby shower for me tomorrow afternoon at her house. We have some friends coming over and she has organised some games for us to play which will be fun. Baby is due on the 5th May, is anyone else having a baby shower party soon?
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
ive never realy herd of them here xx
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I know it's not something which has really taken on yet in the UK as I've never been invited to one and no one I know has either. My best friend who will also be the godparent asked me if I wanted one but I said since it wasn't popular over here it would be nice to go for lunch with some friends for my birthday and they could just buy me baby stuff as my birthday gifts as it's only 7 weeks before the baby's due anyway. Hope you have a lovely time at your one!!!! Smile xxx

beachwaves
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:29 am 
Post subject:
You can have a baby shower anytime during the pregnancy. Most of the time, it is done when the baby bump is really showing. It would also depend on how fast the organizers of the party can prepare it.
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, i had a baby shower when i was 6 months pregnant. We had food, and played games, including handing round cards and getting everyone to guess the baby's weight, date of birth and sex. It was really nice to have everyone together, because since my little one has been born, its hectic hectic hectic... enjoy the day with your friends/family, and also enjoy being the centre of attention,because once you're baby is here, people only visit to see them LOL!! Quite right too! x
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:00 am 
Post subject:
i love the idea of them but do i organise it myself? ive heard you have a friend organise it .
they do sound like great fun though and a good opportunity to have the girls round for the evening!
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
dawn, i organised it myself, and my mum came round on the morning of it and did the food. if u can have it at someone elses house though i would, as i found myself gettin stressed about havin the house spotless for people comin round, and also was left with all the cleaning up afterwards! Get whoever does it to use paper plates and cups!!!!! Enjoy! xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular