Trying to have a baby

Alyce212
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 pm 
Post subject: Trying to have a baby
Im 24 years old married and wanting to start a family. I have been on the pill since I was 16 I decided to go off the pill in sept to start trying, I have not yet got a normal period my doc said to take my temps every morning to chart my temp. Will this work If I'm yet to have a period? I have been doing it for a month now and my temps are staying around 36.1 and 36.7. ItS amazing how much I have learnt by really focusing on my body. Wish it was as easy as coming off the pill and falling pregnant. Not sure I will go back to the pill seems to have stuffed my body around. Can anyone help?
Jstenning84
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:42 am 
Post subject:
Hiya

After my first child my cycle was weird so i have been used ovulation tests from access diagnostics:

http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acatalog/Professional_Ovulation_Tests.html

I took one every day of my cycle until it showed positive on tuesday (they are about 6 for 25 test trips) so i find this easier than messing about with temperature etc.

Good luck
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:43 am 
Post subject:
Welcome to AskBaby

Charting is a good way to help determine I started it about a month ago as I get fed up of the ovulation sticks!!! I still use them to back up when I am ovualting though!

Mine started low on CD1 around the 35 mark then went up to 36 when I started ovulating they have so far stayed high as they should while in the 2ww (but I am not due AF till around xmas day Mad ) I looked at last month the day AF was due it dropped from 36.62 to 35.96 and true to word AF got me late that night. so a drop like that is when you should expect your period (af)

I was on the pill for around 8 years on and off and it messed me up, I went for ovulation tests a year ago and I wasnt ovulating I knew in my heart there was something not wokring quite right but then I had the tests done again nov just gone and I have - I think everyone is different and some can fall quicjly after the pill and others dont - we have been ttc for 18 months now so I am hoping that I get that longed for BFP soon, ifyou want to chat come over to the 'trying to conceive' section there are a lot of us in there and someone always about to talk to as ttc can send us a bit mad but we all support each other xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular