relationship has ended, now single mum.. help/advice please

zoesmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:13 pm 
Post subject: relationship has ended, now single mum.. help/advice please
my relationship with my kids dad recently ended and im now alone with 2 little girls 2 and 6 and i dont know how to carry on, i/we were claiming housing benefit for the 650 a month house we live in , i work part-time, will i be entitled to more help with my rent as i dont know how we`re gonna survive! any advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 am 
Post subject:
Hello there sweetpea Smile
Arwwhh i totaly sympathise with you i really do.
I pay 400 anyway now i've applied as a single mum and i'm getting my rent and my council tax paid in the following month.
I'm getting a freeview box and getting rid of sky as it eats so much money, i sadly work fulltime, and i hate it so so much as i miss my little girl so much.
All my friends are single mums and they say working 16 hours or less means they're much better off than working more hours, as the council make your monthly income much higher.
So i would cut your hours down or if you have less apply for income support and working tax credits, phone up and ask them to re-evaluate your income and they will sort you out nicely, cutting back on a few things is essental, like i hate cheap nappies but i need to put my daughter in asda cheapies at the end of the day she's only going to poo and pee in them lol xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Single Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular