Bromocriptine and Pregnancy

Mwest
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:18 am 
Post subject: Bromocriptine and Pregnancy
I am taking bromocriptine to lower my prolactin levels. My level was 70 and is now down to 35. I've been on the medicine for 2 months. Can anyone tell me how long it could take for me to conceive? My husband and I are anxious to become pregnant. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm not getting any younger. I'll be 35 this year.
LauraAdams
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:30 am 
Post subject:
I think that you still ovulate while you take bromocriptine so just keep trying

I know how you feel, took me 8 years to get my family

How long hav you been trying??

Mwest
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 am 
Post subject:
We've been trying since February. I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor 2 months ago and have been taking bromocriptine ever since. My doctor said I should get my cycle in the first month, but that didn't happy so he increased my dosage from 2.5mg a day to 5mg a day. I go back for more blook work in 2 weeks to see if my prolactin level are in the normal range.

I will continue to try. Prayerfully it will happen soon.
lisadawn
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
hi

i have problems with my prolactin its 778 and been told to take cabergoline, im also a bit concerned its not good to take whilst trying to get pregant.

i have taken it at beginning of year and was told by my endocrinologist to refrain from ttc so i did until i have got it lowered not its gone up again he said this time to ttc.

im very confused why has he changed his mind now, also fertility docs said no probs in ttc whilst on it. Whos right?

does bromocriptine bring level down quick?

thanks hun

lisadawn
xxx
Mwest
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:11 am 
Post subject:
My level dropped from 70 to 35 in 4 weeks while taking the Bromocpritine. I have to go back in another week for more blood work to see if they've come down even more. So far it appears to be working. Still no cycle and no pregnancy though Crying or Very sad
Dorrie
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Tallibah, I have a growth on my pituitry gland and I got pregnant two months after taking cabergoline (due to my raised prolactin levels) . I am now tryin for baby number 2.

Good luck, Dorrie
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
That is truly encouraging. Did you get your cycle during those two months or did you periodically take pregnancy tests? I am feeling pregnancy symptoms now and took a test and it was negative. Were you still taking the medicine when you got pregnant?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular