late but negative

sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:17 pm 
Post subject: late but negative
Heys girls,

I just wanted to know if any of you had experienced doing a test about a week after your period was due and got a negative result but then found out that you were actually pregnant at the time? I'm on day 36 and still no signs of anything - pregnancy or period - well actually I sometimes feel like my boobs are hurting but think i'm imagining it!
I'm worried about my cycle because I had a miscarriage in January and then waited for my first period to start trying which was 6 weeks after my period. Does anyone know how long it takes for your cycle to settle down after a miscarriage because I'm afraid that i missed my ovulation stage - thinking it was day 14 but actually was probably later - we tried to have sex at regular stages incase but it's so frustrating! I feel so silly but i was so upset when I found a negative, i cried. Just want to be pregnant again and the stress of trying isn't helping me succeed! I know it's early days - I'm just trying to prepare myself!
Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks! Very Happy
xx
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:42 pm 
Post subject: hi
hi sarah u r still a bit early it depends on the type of test that u use as well some test pick pregnancy up straight away and some take a couple of weeks but if aint had a period yet then fingers crossed u might be pregnant
sorry about the miscarriage that must of been hard for u.
take care and good luck i also find out in couple of weeks if i am pregnant im so hopeing that i am
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks honie,

I picked the same test as I did when I found out I was pregnant last time - has 2 tests in it so can confirm either way. I'll leave it until next week and do it again if I haven't come on. Not to go into too much detail but this time, i put it in a pot and then tested it...stupidly after I read that you're supposed to keep it in there for 20 seconds and if you simply put it in your urine stream, you're supposed to do it for 5. I only kept it there for 5 so do you think that might have affected the result? I think I'm just trying to hold onto the fact that I could be pregnant, I thought that by day 36 I'd def get a positive if I was...so is this still quite early? Awww this is so frustrating! Thanks for your advice honie. My fingers are crossed for you...i hate the wait! It seems ages. xx
racheltuckey
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject: AM I PRGENANT
I AM FOUR DAYS LATE I DONE A TEST THE DAY BEFORE I WAS DUE AND IT WAS NEG SO I WAITED FIVE DAYS AND STILL IT'S NEG BUT MY PERIODS HAVEN'T CAME I DO FEEL I AM PREG BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS IN MY HEAD I HAVE HAD SORE BOOBS AND I HAVE HAD SOME MOVEMENT AND DISCOMFORT DOWN BELOW I HAVE HAD THREE M/S IN THE EARLY STAGES SO I DON'T WANT TO GET MY HOPES UP WITH THE OTHER PREGS I HAD A POS RESULT FROM THE FIRST DAY OF MY MISS PERIOD Confused
amy72
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 pm 
Post subject: Late maybe ?
HI ALL. I CAME OFF THE PILL DEC 07 AND HAVE BEEN TTC THE LAST 2 MONTHS. MY FIRST TWO CYCLES WERE 27 DAYS AND NOW I AM ON DAY 32 HAVE NO SYMPTONS & TOOK 2 HPT (COULDN'T HELP MYSELF) AND GOT NEGATIVES. ITS SO FRUSTRATING HAVING SPENT SO LONG NOT GETTING PREGNANT (18 YRS). JUST NOW WANT MY AF TO ARRIVE SO AT LEAST I CAN TRY TO MONITOR OVULATION ON MY NEXT CYCLE. I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN STRAIGHT AWAY ITS HARD BEING PATIENT! Mad GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE, WE ARE IN NEED OF LOTS OF BABYDUST..
hma
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
hi every one i'm new on this site. i was reading some of the posts an i hope some one can help me.
i had my coil removed (non hormonal) on 14 feb and i was due to have my period on the 27th my period was 6 days late and abnormal. i was spotting then bleed heavy on and of for the 1st day then spotting again this only lasted three days. (im normally really heavy for the whole seven days doubling over in pain.) the blood was really bright as well. to top this off i had no cramps and my boobs didn't hurt at all.
this last week i have been so exhausted needing to have a cat nap in the afternoon and i have been feeling nausious in mornings and evenings.
i know this probably sounds silly but i felt like i was pregnant before this bleeding and still do but i took two pregnancy tests on the 8th of april both came back negative. so i'm a bit confused
can anyone help
thanx Confused
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:16 pm 
Post subject:
i would leave a couple of more days then if still sayin neg then go and see your doc just to be sure hope i have been some help sorry i dont really know alot about the coil i have never had it before good luck
hma
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
thanx for your quik reply. i think it help when you know there are others around to talk to about your worries. thanks again Smile
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
your welcome
i am gonna find ut at the end of the month if i am expectin cant wait really hopeing that i am take care of yourself
hma
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
good luck
i dont know about you but im sick of waiting to find out. i just want to know if i am or not hopefully i am though ghood luck again Smile
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
wil this be your first?
hma
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
yeah this will be my first how about you.

im really nervous at the moment coz if i am i have two cats and work as a support worker with violent young adult so am scared that if i am i may lose it early before i find out. it can be really stressful. i'm really hormonal at the moment which isn't helping. how are you finding it
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
thats normal to feel that with your first i have 3 boys already i find out in 2 weeks if i am expecting no 4 hopeing ti am and that it is a girl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular