Double Buggy Reccommendations plz

Evie1984
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:33 am 
Post subject: Double Buggy Reccommendations plz
Hi ladies. When this LO comes along my DS will just have turned 2 so I figure I'm gonna need a double buggy for a while. Thing is, I don't know where to start. Do I get a side by side or one with baby at the bk n toddler at the front and how easy are they to fold n put in boot of car etc? I'd really appreciate anyone's experiences of double buggies, good or bad.

Thanks in advance

Yvonne xxx
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:45 am 
Post subject:
No idea but just wanted to say congratulations, didnt take you long Wink xx
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:49 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Nicola! Very Happy
Lol I know. Only stopped depo in July so really pleased. Been lookin at double buggies online but don't have a clue! Would rather hear real experiences. I've had 3 diff buggies for Max and I don't want the same thing to happen again. I still hate even Max's 3rd buggy lol.

Yvonne xxx
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi Hun

congratulations btw
we are going to buy This one as we with have two years between them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d.html/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/279-6717653-1468769?ref_=asc_df_B00352MEUE1712629&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&a=B00352MEUE&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B00352MEUE

hope the link works as Im on the mobile x

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 am 
Post subject:
I had a side by side double three wheeler. Was made by Kingswood, but I don't think they exsist anymore. I found a tandem difficult as the heavy one was at the front so getting up steps was difficult. My 3 wheeler was narrow, but then I found that wilth such a weight difference if I didn't approach kerbs etc right it would tip to one side. There was 2 years and 8 weeks difference between them. I never used it when we went into town etc, but in village I used it on longer trips. I think I used if for about 4 months in total.
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:49 am 
Post subject:
In same situation, I quite like the reviews and price of the safety first tandem in argos.

I want to go for a one in front of other buggy as I cant cope with going in shops with a wide one lol x

lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
we had a graco one in front of the other pram. as mentioned, it could be a pain lifting the heavier child at the front, but it beat the heck out of a side by side, everyone i know who had one said not to do it! aside from the getting in and out of places (if not a double door, its a struggle) is that kids find it all to easy to reach out and grab at stuff with a side by side.
i loved the graco also because it folded up to a reasonable size, so leaves space in the boot, didnt take up room in the house, and we got our moneys worth out of it, thats for sure! being it was used for children 1 & 2, then when child 1 was walking, it was used for children 2 & 3. so 3yrs, and it cost us just under 150 at the time, not bad at all Smile
xxx
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations hun Smile

I don't have any recommendations,but I have a graco quattro tour duo (toddler in front,baby at back) and I hate it!!wish I never got it tbh.it's fine for baby but Alfie has no room whatsover at the front,and because I have a carrycot in the back for Harry,I can't relcline the front seat very far,so he's unable to lie back and sleep,which is whe whole reason I got one in the first place Rolling Eyes

The buggy overall is nice and not as heavy as I thought it would be,it's just the one issue.I would've prefered a side by side but it wouldnt have fit through my door or gate,so that was out.

When the weather gets warmer,I think I'm going to just get a buggy board for short journeys on my own and take 2 single buggies when OH is with me,or I might buy a side by side.

I've heard great things about the baby jogger city mini double,that's the one I would have picked xx

jen1234
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
I was gonna ask the same question, im due again in July and my daughter Rose is just about to turn one, so i'll need a double buggy also, im actualy dreading it ever working out without stress levels hitting through the roof!! How will it work when the baby is trying to sleep and the toddler is awake and being loud? Oh the joys!!
jen1234
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
i have the same dilemma! but i can add - DO NOT get the mutsy urban rider duo! lol i had tha for holly and Kieran, and as a single it was amazing i loved it! but as a double - omg!!! wohat rubbish! lol the front seat didnt recline at all, and the back seat never laid flat! u get a "newborn cocoon n wedge" to make it flatter but Kieran just ended up all scruntched up n bent over - not good! and also if Holly was bein a lil pain n bouncing in the front seat it would make the back seat sit upright!! lol
so i can say this was not a good experince!!
but interested to see other replies Smile
i was thinkin of a side by side one, just because as mentioned b4 tryin to lift the toddler at the front was a nightmare!!!
xxx
jen1234
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
http://www.groovystyle.co.uk/productpages/phil-and-teds/classic-single-cabriofix-travel-system.php

what about this one? I like the idea of using the car seat, espcially when im out in the car and the baby is sleeping when i need to go into the shops, i wont have to wake her up. The only think that puts me off these types of prams is that what has the toddler got to look at apart from the back of the top seat? I think my toddler will get annoyed in this, anyone expereinced this?
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
Just wanted to say NOT a maclaren twin techno! It's like pushing a ton weight! Mothercare actually have a lovely lightweight one that is their own brand.

CarlaM
Newcomer
Newcomer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular