Bleeding after ectopic and sex.

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:10 am 
Post subject: Bleeding after ectopic and sex.
Hi ladies,

So I had my ectopic pregnancy and right tube removed saturday, they didnt do a d&c at the time so I suppose I have to expect to start bleeding soon. When will that kick in properly and will be heavy like a miscarriage bleed as obviously I had a thickened lining in my womb??
Also just curious as to when we can have sex or how long you ladies waited before doing the deed?? Not that I want sex at the moment lol I just wasnt told anything.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:24 am 
Post subject:
Sad so sorry hun, hope you are starting to feel better
I had a little post op bleed which wasnt like an AF then my AF came about 5 weeks later..
you can probably have sex when you feel ready and the soreness in your tummy has gone, please use protection though, as you dont want to get pregnant for at least 3 months after an ectopic, as there is an increased risk of another ectopic if you conceive too soon, and also now you have had one ectopic your risk is already at around 20% of having a 2nd one.

Take care xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:29 am 
Post subject:
angelcake71 wrote:
Sad so sorry hun, hope you are starting to feel better
I had a little post op bleed which wasnt like an AF then my AF came about 5 weeks later..
you can probably have sex when you feel ready and the soreness in your tummy has gone, please use protection though, as you dont want to get pregnant for at least 3 months after an ectopic, as there is an increased risk of another ectopic if you conceive too soon, and also now you have had one ectopic your risk is already at around 20% of having a 2nd one.

Take care xx

Thanks, feel a lot less sore today just blooming trapped gas in my shoulder. Did you have a d&c? Surely my womb lining has got to come away hasnt it?
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi Claire,
No neither of us were offered a d&c, and sometimes I think you should. I had a really heavy bleed about a week after the ectopic or when your hormones start to fall. You won't ov though until your HCG levels hit zero. It took me 7 weeks!
Expect the bleed to be like a heavy period, so getting some night time STs would be a good idea. You shouldn't use tampons for risk of infection.
Hope you recover quickly - windeze is good for the shoulder pain.

Love Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Julie, Im starting to bleed a little bit but not a flow as of yet. I never use tampons any way because I suffer heavy periods as it is so ive stock piled on always lol, Ive been given anti inflamatories, pain killers and iron tabs to take. Feel so much better today the pain has eased massively - the beauty of key laprascopic surgery I guess. Had a strip wash today which has made me feel better I was covered in that yellow stuff they paint you with and Im bruised all over my right hip not an attractive sight lol. Also my arms look a state where they had to put no end of cannullas (sp) in, I was a human pin cushion saturday as they couldnt find a vein.

When did you have sex Julie if you dont mind me asking??

Oh another thing I just thought, when my doc thought it was another miscarriage he sent a refferal for me to go back to my consultant who did the tubal surgery regarding recurrent miscarriage, but now obviously its 2 m/c's and an ectopic do you think its worth me still booking an appointment to see him as I have a letter with a ref number here where you book your own appointment?

God I waffled there lol x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 pm 
Post subject:
no I didnt have a D&C either hun,
I suffered night sweats as wel in the first 4 weeks post op..
probably due to the falling hormones..
i didnt have sex til I was given the ok to start ttc again .. which was 2 AF cycles, I just didnt want to get pregnant again so soon after and risk another e/p.
Claire were the other 2 definately m/c? as I am wondering if they may been early ectopic that resolved themselves by way of a m/c.. ie pregnancy was not in the uterus but ibn the tubes, though if the scans showed a uterine pregnacy then it was an m/c xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
angelcake71 wrote:
no I didnt have a D&C either hun,
I suffered night sweats as wel in the first 4 weeks post op..
probably due to the falling hormones..
i didnt have sex til I was given the ok to start ttc again .. which was 2 AF cycles, I just didnt want to get pregnant again so soon after and risk another e/p.
Claire were the other 2 definately m/c? as I am wondering if they may been early ectopic that resolved themselves by way of a m/c.. ie pregnancy was not in the uterus but ibn the tubes, though if the scans showed a uterine pregnacy then it was an m/c xx

I assume they were miscarriages because i never got far enough along to be scanned 1 was 5 weeks and 3 days and 1 was 5 weeks and 4 days, to be honest they both felt completely different to this one so I think they were normal miscarriages. Thing is I will never know now, do you think it is worth seeing my consultant? I just dont want him to turn around and say what are you here for youve just been unfortunate. They checked my left tube and ovary when they operated saturday and I was told tube is open and clear and looks absoulutely fine.
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
soory to butt in on your conversation.....im so sorry nutty sendin u and ur partner big hugs.......
just reading your posts i had 2 m/c and 1 tubular m/c they reffered me bk to my consultant but i kept quiet and went they did say well they are different but by this time i was full of depression and upset, i explained i wanted answers to whats goin on and demanded all the tests i could possibly have, my doc consultant backed down and did the tests!!!
its prob worth going still to know ur options xxxxxxxxxx
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Nutty,
They said my remaining tube was fine and clear too..... They can't possibly know without a dye test. Tbh Hun, I would bypass the natural ttc and either do IVF egg share or IVF if you have the funds or get funded. Unless you know for definate your remaining tube is clear. All that will take time....

If you feel you can egg share (you need to under 35) it would be a very cheap and sensible alternative.
That's my advice, and that's what I would have done (and frozen any spare embryos) if I knew then what I know now iyswim?

Love Julie x

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Julie,

To be honest I dont think we are in any position to fund any kind of ivf ourselves at the moment so i think we will persue our appointment with my consultant and see what he says, the surgeon did show me pics from my op of my left ovary and inside my tube to reassure me it was clear. But I guess I can get that checked and confirmed at the fertility clinic. I know we are entitled to free ivf on the nhs so thats something.
Have started bleeding like a proper period now but not to heavy thank god,at least its coming away now.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Claire,
If you are entitled to free IVF on the NHS its a no brainer. Much safer.

Glad your body seems to be sorting itself out.

Julie x

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:33 am 
Post subject:
Smile agree,, I would do IVF now if I could get ot for free..
it may be a more suitable option for you hun, however if you do decide to ttc again though ,have an hsg to make sure the tube is open and clear...
louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Claire, I would have to agree about getting on with IVF - I was also told my remaining tube was healthy from the EP op and it sooo was not. I dont wish I could turn the clock back as such, but I wish I had been given more info and if I did know what I know now, I would have taken a different route long ago!

Keep an entry in your diary for your bleed hun - ie light, heavy, medium, light etc. It helps to have a record.

Big hug hun.

XXXXX

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Lou, I have made a note of when the bleeding started in my diary its been varying in flow at different times day. On the plus side I did a test yesterday afternoon and the line was barely visible so things are heading in the right direction. I think we will bring up ivf at our clinic appointment in April and go from there.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular