gettin pregnant after havin an ovary removed nd cists

Wifeyboo12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:58 am 
Post subject: gettin pregnant after havin an ovary removed nd cists
hello all u mommies nd future mommies out there. im am 20 years old nd i had my right ovary removed because of a dermoid ovarian cists. shortly after that i had another surgery removin another smaller cist from my left ovary. i have been tryin since november to get pregnant. i kno that its goin to be a bit harder for me since i only have one ovary but i was wonderin if anyone else was goin through or has something similar goin on in their lives. my not bein able to conceive is a bit frustrating for me and my partner. please share any stories or advice...

thanks and good luck to all,
wifeyboo
whoopsie77
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there. Sorry to hear about your ovary removal. I had a dermoid cyst removed from my right ovary 16 years ago and know that I have another small one there at the moment. I too am ttc baby no 1. I really hope that you have some luck and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't conceive, but if you've been trying for over a year, it might be worth getting your remaining ovary checked over. This is what I'm thinking of doing soon. Good luck to you!
hoping4
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
hi i had a similar op i had a large tumour and my right tube and ovary removed. i fell pregnant the first time we tryed (2nd child) one year after the operation, and i really thought we were going to have problems..so i suppose that what i am trying to say is that it is possible and your other ovary will take over, but if you are concernd see your doctor. i have regular scans and check ups.good luck and take care,
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hello all,
i'm 22 and had my right ovary removed when i was 16 due to a dermoid cyst. I found out at christmas that i was pregnant, and am due in early august. it was completely unexpected and unplanned, so there is lots to stay hopeful for. My doctor explained to me that even though we have two ovaries, it isn't equally shared among the two how often they release each egg, you may only use one ovary your whole life or get most eggs from one and a couple from the other. Its completely random which i found incredibly interesting. I hope this is of a help to you. Otherwise there is help available to you if you are finding it difficult, you should speak to your doctors. Good Luck!!!xxx
bumpno2
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 pm 
Post subject: conceiving with one ovary
Hello,
I have severe endometriosis and had a 15cm cyst removed alongwith my right ovary and tube in March 05. We had been TTC for 4 1/2 years and didn't know about the endo until after the emergency op. I was given a less then 1% chance of conceiving naturally. I then had hormonal injections ( zoladex ) for 6 months afterwards to shrink a cyst on my left ovary and other deposits around my abdomen. 3 months after stopping the injections i conceived our first baby and he was born in November 06. My husband and i are now expecting our 2nd baby in 3 weeks.

Good luck to all those TTC, it can be done! Don't give up hope! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular