Confused ... due dates

Catapillar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:49 pm 
Post subject: Confused ... due dates
hiya ive done a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive. my periods are not usually regular so finding it hard to work out how far gone i am?

im going to try and get in at the doctors 2moro and see what they say

but on reading up about due dates, i can see that there are actually about snother 2 weeks that are addded on??
also i would have thought i was only a week to 2 weeks pregnant. but i put my dates on a calculator online and it said week 7??

so when you hear ppl saying "im 7 weeks pregnant" do they mean seven weeks usinf the due date calender method or just actually 7 weeks since their conception

hope this all makes sense im just soo confused lol

any help would be great
carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, Congratulations!! Smile Pregnancy is normally calculated from the first day of your last period, so as you ovulate around 2 weeks after, this is where your 2 weeks difference comes in. I have added a link for you to look at which explains your due date a little bit more. It also has a link to a calender which tells you your approx. due date. Your gp or midwife will be more likely to be more accurate with your dates, as you said your periods are not normally regular this can alter your date slightly. Hope this helps
caroline x x
http://www.babyexpert.co.uk/index.php/v1/Working_out_your_due_date
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular