Spotting Before & After AF

CheekySindy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:07 am 
Post subject: Spotting Before & After AF
Hello All... Apologies for the really long story...

A few years ago, I had an ectopic pregnancy, which resulted in me losing one of my tubes Crying or Very sad

Early last year, my OH and I were TTC.

I thought I was pregnant in March, as I missed my period. Another month passed still no AF or BFP. At first I thought I might be pregnant, but just not show on the HPT, as I was gaining weight, feeling tired, and feeling sick.

I went to my docs when I didn't come on for 2 months, who said he could not do anything without having a BFP. I told him I was really concerned and requested he should send me for a scan. He eventually agreed.

The scan showed that I wasn't preg, but had a number of cysts on my ovary's Sad

I went back to the docs, for blood tests. They all came back normal. Doc then said, it might just be about to ovulate.

After the 3rd month with no AF, AF arrived. But now it seems I was on constantly!! I was spotting before & after AF. When AF was there, it was REALLY there... I was extremely heavy, had lots of large clots Shocked I would be on from 1 to 2 weeks, then back to spotting Sad

I went back to the docs, as I was really worried about the bleeding. I was sent for another scan, to see if the cysts were still there... and they were. The docs gave me some tablets to stop the bleeding, but it would only stop for a few days.

I asked the doc if there was anything we could do about the cysts, and the constant bleeding (as I was TTC)... all the doc told me was that they would most probably just go away on their own, and that I could be put forward for IVF. I told the doc that I was still monitoring my BBT, but they told me there was no point, if I was going to have IVF!!! Evil or Very Mad

The doc sent me on my way, telling me I need to make another appointment to discuss being put forward for the treatment.

I went in to see the doc a week later... all they told me was this... we can't do anything for you until you lose weight! I was horrified!! Why couldn't they tell me that before, instead of getting my hopes up???

Nothing's changed... (apart from my doctors), and I've been constantly on for over 10 months now...
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ya. Sometimes Doctors can be great and other times really insensitive and unhelpful. I too have lost a baby due to ectopic and have just got my first proper Af on day34 after my loss. Usually 28 days so thinking myself lucky that it arrived only alittle late, but who knows what to come.. If i were you I would get a second opinion or ask to be refered to a doctor who can give you better advice and support. Take care and I hope all gets better for you. Pup x
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi all
i would def go and get a second opinion that is terrible wat the doctor said
good luck cheekycindy hope everything works out for u
CheekySindy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Guys.. I've got my first appointment with my new doctors on Weds (16th April) so I'll see what they have to say to me... I'm going to be 35 next month, so time's ticking so they say.

Pup1, did they catch the ectopic before it ruptured?? I hope they did... I wasn't lucky, mine ruptured while I was at work, and was rushed into A&E for an op... came out with a c section... without the baby Crying or Very sad

Sindy x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular