Benefit Confusion!!!

NorthernJay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:08 pm 
Post subject: Benefit Confusion!!!
hello,
can you please clear something up for me as im getting info from all directions?
I am currently on JSA and have been unemployed from dec 2010. I am 6 months pregnant and are therefore due to come off of JSA in about a month and onto income support, but they powers above have told me that im eligible for maternity allowance because i have recently worked.
The only problem is that if i receive maternity allowance at 124 a week im not entitled to the sure start maternity grant of 500.
Due to unforeseen problems i have no savings whatsoever and only have JSA as income which covers my credit card bill/insurance/phone, and my mum feeds me. prepare for the future lesson has hit me hard.
I literally have no money to prepare for baby, and surely the rate of maternity allowance is considered low income anyway?
Is there anyway I can get the sure start grant and be on maternity allowance?
Also looking through the healthy start for fruit and veg, the terms and conditions are exactly the same for maternity grant, and yet on maternity allowance im eligible for the healthy start pack but not the grant???
please help!?
many thanks
gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:40 am 
Post subject:
I would advise you to got to the citizens advice they will explain which benefits you are entitled to any when....
I thought that the maternity grant had stopped now?
Really hope you get something sorted hun Smile
Xxxx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Just apply for it anyway they might say yes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular