Footmuff - is it worth it?

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:45 am 
Post subject: Footmuff - is it worth it?
Hi, i was just wondering if it was worth paying 50 for a newborn footmuff/soft carrycot type thing to go in my pushchair? (pushchair is suitable from birth without it!) baby is due end of May, so part of me is thinking that it may be a bit too warm for a footmuff? and that i could just make do with blankets as i could add or take-away as n when needed?
i also have the carseat for my pushchair too which i wouldnt be able to use the footmuff with.

what would you do? xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:54 am 
Post subject:
I don't think I'd get one for a may baby , even with the british weather it should be getting a lot warmer by then, maybe wait until closer to the time to see if we get a nice summer before spending that much, or just get an ordinary footmuff you could use over winter as well Question my DD had one of those soft carrycot things for her Graco and her baby was 9lb 12 Shocked and he only fitted in it for a couple of weeks xxx
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:05 am 
Post subject:
If its only going to be useable the fisrt few months i wouldnt bother. A blanket or two would be enough during summer. My two were born in february and were using there pram from march and i always used blankets. I only bought the matching footmuffs in october to get through the winter.

Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:35 am 
Post subject:
I got one from Argos for the winter, but I don't think it was that expensive. Maybe try and shop around. Anyway, I don't think you'll need it until it gets really cold outside.
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:43 am 
Post subject:
I never had the newborn one but did get a bigger one from mothercare for 30 and i've used it loads.

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:52 am 
Post subject:
yeh i think ill just wait til baby is a bit older and buy a bigger universal one, rather than paying out for the one thats madeformy pushcahir! lol they know how to make their money dont they!? Laughing
xXx
sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
look on ebay, can get some bargains on there!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular