SMP PAYE

ang111
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:12 pm 
Post subject: SMP PAYE
Hi

I have just found out that i'm pregnant after trying for over 4 years with my husband... and I have only been at my new job for 2 months. Iwork as a recruitment consultant and have over exceeded all my sales targets which is good and I love my job too. i am slightly concerned about when the baby is due and when to leave and pay and all that sort of thing. Also when are you able to go back to work? I want to stay at home as long as possible....

Any help welcomed - thanks.
Angx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Hey Ang - first of all - CONGRATULATIONS!!! you must be so pleased Very Happy

Employers often offer more than the statutory minimum, so it's worth having a word with your boss (or HR person) when you feel ready to do so. I waited until I was about 14 weeks, just to be safe.

Governments minimums and all the info you need is here: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/statutory_maternity_pay.asp

The important one for you is this:
"Employed by the same employer without a break for at least 26 weeks into the 15th week before the week your baby is due. Part weeks count as full weeks." you'll be right on the edge of this I think? Hopefully you'll just squeeze into the qualifying period Very Happy

Good luck

Anna
BellaMai
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Ang - Congratulations, what fantastic news for you!

You can take up to a year off for maternity although you don't get SMP for all of it unfortunately. Have you found out whether your employer offers any kind of maternity package?

x
ang111
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:39 am 
Post subject: Smp paye
Have only been in my job 2 months though and have got another month to go before I pass probation.... rrrrr

Am already badly showing by the end of each day so am going shoping saturday to get some nice (baggy) clothes. Didn't think this would happen at 7 weeks though????
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
the important date for you is 15 weeks before due date - you have to have notified them by then usually.

You'll need to find out your exact dates before you let them know, and compare with the exact date you started employment with them. If you fall insode the 26 week rule, you will qualify for anything they offer to employees, if you don't, they have no obligation to you and you'll need to look at government offerings more closely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular