Have I got it wrong??

ClairaBell
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 am 
Post subject: Have I got it wrong??
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have been reading the posts since last Friday, and I would like to say congratulations to all those having babies or those that have them, and good luck to all of those that are ttc.

I have been reading the posts as at the moment all I can think about are babies Shocked
I have been married to my wonerful hubby for 2 years on 16th Sept. He is 17 years older than me and has 3 children from a previous marriage (girl - 14, boy - 12 and girl - Cool. I have a great relationship with them and we are all really close. They come every weekend to us and whenevr we go away they come.

When I was younger I was adamant that I didn't want any children. I wanted a career and money etc. However, having spent time with my stepchildren I have found my maternal side and I would love to have a few babies of my own. GREAT you think!!! Not so great.

My OH had a vasectomy 7 years ago, so now we are saving like mad for him to have a reversal, and also trying to get healthy. I have been reading everything on getting pregnant, and we have a new health regime. I am trying to lose weight - they say that when ttc you should be as near to your ideal weight as possible. Also OH is giving up smoking as apparently smoking can cause a lower sperm count, and when he has the reversal we will need all the swimmers we can get.

But I thought I would come on here cos at the minute I seem to be struggling with everything. All I can think about is babies, and everywhere I look I can see pushchairs, and everyone I know seems to know someone who is pregnant. 2 of my cousins are pregnant. A lady at work has become a nan, and another one is due to be a nan. Its like there is all this happy talk around, and I am happy for them - REALLY - but it so hard to
be smiley all the time when all I feel like doing is crying.

I hope I haven't come to the wrong forum. Its just everyone seems so friendly, i thought it might help a bit.

Claire
hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi BroodyClaire.

Welcome to Askbaby, you will find this site the most addictive thing on the internet. It is great that you have a good relationship with your OH's children. It sounds like you are really trying to get things in order ready to conceive.

Can I just ask, has your OH been to see about having his vasectomy reversed and found out what his chances are of a successful reversal?

Lisa
xx
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:43 am 
Post subject:
As we are still saving the only person we have been to see so far is our GP, just to see what our chances were on the NHS, but of course its nil, so they have provided us with details of a place the does reversals, but as I say every consultation costs money, so we want to make sure we have enough funds for everything before we anything major.

Thank you for the welcome.
hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:50 am 
Post subject:
Did your GP give you any idea if the op is likely to be successful, before you go spending all that money
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:51 am 
Post subject:
To eb honest, I was unsure of signing upto the forum, as we are not really ttc at the moment - this would be a miracle, but reading the posts everyone seems so friendly, and at the end of the day we all have the same goals.
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:53 am 
Post subject:
does anyone on here know alot about this getting pregnant and all that stuff really well i could really do with help!!!!!!

came off the pill 5 months ago and my periods have been exactly 18 days apart and i tend to bleed for 3 days when i am on, now i know its my body settling and all, but my last period was 17th aug so its due on the 6th set.

me and my partner had sex from 21 - 24th aug and i know sperm stays in the body for up to a week! so anyone have a clue could i be pregnant???????? in the last 3 days im feeling sickly also but no other symptoms

HELP!!!!!
hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Peanut33. From reading this forum I understand that some women can take a while for their body to sort itself out after coming off the pill. Have you any idea when you ovulate? If not, It may be worth investing in some ovulation testing strips at least this will pinpoint your most fertile days. In the meantime it may be worth doing a pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant right now. - Good luck ttc

BroodyClaire - The only reason I asked about the reversal is because my DH had the snip in 1995 and had it reversed in 1997 due to medical reasons. After several tests we were told that the reversal had failed. We spent the next 10 years believing we could not have more children. However in June 2007 I found out that I was pregnant. Unfortunately it was not meant to be and I have had 2 MC's since. We have now been trying this time since December with no luck. We have an appointment booked at the hospital for 10th October to get a new reading. Our GP has told us that the operation may have been a success after all but my DH may now have a low sperm count. I just wondered what the odds were.

Lisa
xx
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:14 am 
Post subject:
OMG I am so sorry for your losses. I keep reading different stories of VRs that have been done, but at the minute I am concentrating on the success stories trying to convince myself that it might work for us. I do know that before he has the VR I will be tested to mke sure I am able to conceive. Its so hard. We both know that although we can read loads on succes rates etc, really its 50/50. It either works or it doesn't. I am hoping fr success, but we have talked about if it doesn't work and what to do. Maybe pay for ICSI as NHS won't do this - we have already asked, or the final option would be a sperm donor, and although its an option, its something I am not too keen on. I want this baby to be mine and my OHs if that makes sense.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular