Cars Seats for Aeroplane

freddie78
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:09 pm 
Post subject: Cars Seats for Aeroplane
Hi
I am flying with my 18 month daughter next month. We have paid for an additional seat but they do request we bring a car seat.
When I look at the guidelines for the car seat it states it must have a labelconfirming:
> The child restraint system conforms to all applicable FAA, JAA and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
or
> This restraint is certified for use in motor vehicles and aircraft and have been approved or must conform to all applicable FAA, JAA and/or Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards

Any ideas how I get this - what car seat do you suggest??
Any advice is much appreciated
fuzzyferret
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi. I had this problem last year too. Searched high & low every shop I knew that sold car seats, they either didnt stock airline approved car seats or they were ridiculously expensive and I just couldn't pay that much. Eventually found one on the internet from an online baby store here in NZ. The seat is a Cosco Scenera I think its an American brand, I'd never heard of them in the UK and I don't know who in the UK would stock them. Maybe try googling it see if it comes up with some stockists. Good luck with your search Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular