The Workings of Pregnancy tests

Catapillar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:54 pm 
Post subject: The Workings of Pregnancy tests
Hiya was just wonderig if anyone can help me

this might sound like a strange question but......... on pregnancy tests where a single line is a negative result & 2 lines is a positive result ..... are the lines always there - ie very fainlty inside the strip and when u conduct the test they just go darker ???? or are they not there at all until u have conducted the test?

its just i did a test earlier today and one line is very dark, and i can see a VERY VERY faint second line - so dont know if this is a faint positive as so early & later on in the day or if its just the line inside the test i can see thats not actually changed colour - as sometimes can only see it in certain lights like when the light catched it

any help would be great
BellaMai
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

I know that if you test early sometimes you only get a really faint result as there isn't enough pregnancy hormone in your body to give a strong line, this is especially the case if you're not using a really sensitive test. Probably the best thing to do would be to test again in a day or so when the result should be more definate.

Hope that helps
x
bexieboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
hi
the same thing has happened to me ive done 2 tests both have 1 thick pink line and a very faint line next to it ive checked and checked it and theres definatly a faint ;line but like u im unsure what this means im going to do another test in a few days and see what happens just hope its pos

i thought it might just be the line thats already on the test but im not sure how they actuall worl like u i dont know if the lines are already there or if they apear when you pee on the stick
Catapillar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:28 pm 
Post subject: thanks for your replys
Hiya
thanks for your replies, I have been out & bought a digi test which im going to try and hang on for a bit then if no period do that test in a morning 1st thing ( today i had drunk quite a bit if water has had been at work & been to toilet about 2 hours earlier)

I know how u feel sounds like we in the same boat! ...... i just cant figure out if the lines r already there slightly or not - suppose could buy another unused test and comare? it is such a faint line - it really is, i mean if someone like my mum was to look at it where her eyesight is not as good she would think it was neg. at 1st glance it looks neg to normal eye too - its only when you look close ???

xxx
Catapillar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:03 pm 
Post subject: hi
Hiya just to let u know i couldnt wait to do the digital test .... i did it first thing this morning and came bk positive! yay.... i sill cant believe it... dont seem to be able to let myself believe it - going to try and get in at docs 2moro to get confirmation then i think it will sink in

good luck with everything
HannahM
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:15 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations!!!! How wonderfully exciting for you! Very Happy

Has it sunk in yet?

Han
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular