Am I still entitled to SMP now im redudant

milliepercy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:08 am 
Post subject: Am I still entitled to SMP now im redudant
Hi All, I would really appreciate some advice as I am being given all sorts of info.

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and have just been made redundant. Am I still entitled to receive SMP?

Should I receive the 6 weeks at 90% of my salary still then the remaining 33 weeks at 128.58 per week or only the 128.58 for the whole 39 weeks or nothing!

My 15 week before my due date or qualifying week was week commencing 17th April and I have been employed by my employer since sept 2009 so about 19 months or so.

If I am still entitled to it how will they pay it to me if I no longer work for them?

Can I also claim whilst unemployed too?
If anyone could help would really appreciate it thanks
Em2289
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:49 am 
Post subject:
You will probably be better contacting your local citizens advice.

From my understanding they still have to pay your smp but at the normal rate of 128.58 and with regards to claiming you can only claim job seekers if you're actively looking for work, but prob worth speaking to then just incase

milliepercy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 am 
Post subject:
Many thanks will get in touch with them Smile
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:05 am 
Post subject:
U r still entitled as u were working in the qualifying week.

Is ur employer nw insolvent? If so u hav to claim smp thru someone else. If nt ur work shud pay It.

milliepercy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am 
Post subject:
No they are still running as a company, how they are going to do it im not sure of as with the staff cuts it's just not possible.

I had 3 days holiday and when I got back the workload had doubled and got so far behind. I have no idea how they are going to do my work? The job has been so busy and stressfull that my midwife wanted to sign me off, they have been so unsupportive with appointments etc and time off I needed I just cant believe they have now gone and done this! They even told me off for being 5 mins late a few times and I had been diagnosed with anemia! Just not sure how im going to manage without my salary this early now Question
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:48 am 
Post subject:
U cud claim jobseekers till u get ur smp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular