Maternity Leave, Help!

MrsMurray
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 am 
Post subject: Maternity Leave, Help!
Hi Smile, when I began my maternity leave in November, I was sure I read and was told that you can have a year off and 37 of those weeks will be paid and the rest unpaid. Now reading on the directgov website it seems it's 6 months paid, 6 months unpaid? Has it always been this or am I correct in what I say? also, I previously worked every other weekend and during the week, am I within my rights to ask for my weekend shifts to be moved to during the week as weekends are the only time my husband gets off so it's our only family time, so I really don't think weekends are suitable any longer. My plan was to go back in August when my 37 weeks paid leave was up and now it seems I may have to return next month? Any help or advice? I would be very grateful! Thank you Smile

jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:55 am 
Post subject:
Umm not too sure. You are allowed to a take a year Mine was 39 weeks paid, which was 26 weeks on full pay and 13 weeks on SMP then nothing but I managed to save enough to stay off gfor a year! 26 is statutory and the following 26 is additional where it is up to you if you want to take

I think you can request to stop working weekends but they don't have to agree it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular