Confused with how I feel

matildasmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:15 am 
Post subject: Confused with how I feel
I'm broody, oh sooo broody!
Only with with my OH a year, so would want to be waiting another year at least, if I did decide to take the plunge.

The thing is, it's my OH that wants a baby, more so than me! I didn't know men could be broody! I'm really worried about PND, it so nearly killed me last time round, I really do not know if I could ever go through that ever again Sad It has genuinly scared me for life, and it destroyed my relationship with my DD's Dad, 2 1/2 years on, and I dont think I'm healed from the scars it left.

Also, I'm a student, I have a fair commute to uni/placements... and taking an a year out isnt an option, so Id have to try to aim to concieve so i delivered in the summer.

And having 2 babies with 2 Daddies... it bothers me on a personal level, just because I feel like I failed hugely, what are other peoples feelings on the matter?

Is it really expensive having 2 children?
Oooh, too many questions!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:27 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry about having two children with different fathers , lots of women are in that situation these days , and it's natural to want a child when you're in a new relationship Smile
PND doesn't always happen after every baby even if you've had it before and as you know it could be a problem you will be able to spot the signs and get help quickly which makes a big difference , it's something you could ask your GP about to decode on an action plan for if you did get pregnant .
Financially I suppose it depends on your circumstances and childcare etc. but it doesn't have to be massively expensive .
Conceiving to have a baby in the summer could be a problem, you might get lucky and conceive straight away but things dont always go to plan, I started trying last August thinking I'd have a May baby this year and it's now June this year and no BFP Rolling Eyes so it could take a while , but if you dont feel ready I'd say dont do it yet and Good luck when you do TTC xx
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Gem,

having 2 babies is HARD work...if you're not 100% sure then i'd say put it off!

obviously lily-ann isn't a normal child so she's like having a 6month old in a 2 1/2yr olds body...and lewis is like the older one...and it is SO stressful

it's not much more expensive having 2...you tend to adjust really easily to it and you don't really notice the difference.

as for having 2kids with two dads...that isn't a big thing these days with divorce rates being so high these days etc and no-one would think any differently of you

i think you need to really think this through, especially with the uni commitments

i hope you make the decision that is right for you xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Waiting to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular