Periods after pregnancy

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:14 am 
Post subject: Periods after pregnancy
Well, Evie is now 14 weeks old and I am on my third period. As with previous pregnancies the first one was horrendous. But with the other 2 they returned to normal light flow after that first time. This time its my third one and again they are so heavy, I can't use tampons of any sort as they seem to leak every time, heavy flow towels are full and soaking within an hour, its exhausting. GP doesn't think I am anaemic and won't test for my peace of mind. Is there any hope of them returning to normal, I feel so bleurgh and unattractive, daren't go too far in case I leak and plus last night she seemed to want to be up all night (I got up 11 times between half eleven and half six. The only good thing is OH doesn't live with me so at least he isn't waking up swimming like I am!!
shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:31 am 
Post subject:
You can buy Iron tablets anyway they are around 3 a box and are the same as the Gp would provide, I have only had my 1st since Abi was born and that was the heaviest i have had in a long time, but i used to suffer with AF pretty badly, I would have thought they would calm down, Have you thought of trying the mini pill, that reduces your period loss,
Stars x

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
I can't take standard iron preperations as they cause me to have the most horrendous diarrhoea (couldn't cope with that as well as the bleeding) and I can't take hormone based contraceptives as I have MS and they increase the amount of relapses I have. I think this time the heavy bleeding is not quite as bad as the previous 2 months its already slowing but its so unusual for me to have heavy periods, usually they last 4 days and are really light I never have PMT but I have been really mooody and emotional with them (I was so moody I thought I was pregnant again).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular