trying to concieve

swishy7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject: trying to concieve
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 8 months. For the most part I have kept my emotions in check and was ok with not getting pregnant. Recently a good friend has gotten pregnant after only a month of trying. This news has been hard to handle. I can't even think about it with out crying. I know I should be happy for her but I don't know if I can even see her with out crying. I feel like I can't go any where because of the fear that more people will tell me they are pregnant and I don't know if I can handle it. My sister in law just had a baby and a number of women at work are pregnant or just had babies. I had been ok and told my self it will happen but with this last announcement I don't know how to go to showers or weddings or just to work with out learning of another friend or family member having a baby.
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
aww swishy it will happen for you when the time is right!! but i know exactly how u feel we have been trying for 10 months and i said i was not going to get disappointed if it didnt happen cos it would happen wen time was right but now the longer it takes the more frustrating it is and a woman in my work has since announced she is pregnant and she is nearly due and it wasnt planned which gets to me cos i am trying so hard but she didnt even want to be pregnant and fell no problem.
also my sister in law has fell pregnant twice since we have been trying unfortunately she miscarried both but for me and my partner we feel like we are doing sumit wrong and there is only so many times u can smile for ppl when they announce they r pregnant!!
i guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed. good luck with trying hun!! xx
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
I have only been trying two months and am already telling myself there must be something wrong, so i cant imagine how you guys must be feeling. I stupidly told people we were trying and now they keep asking, as if its that easy. i keep saying there is only a few days a month when its possible you know! the only advice i can pass on is to try and concentrate on somthing like plan a holiday. Then again this is helped me for about a week and then i was back to watching 'bringing home baby' on sky and reading baby books. is there any advice out there from anyone????? Are you taking ovulation tests? i had to after the first month as i have got such a long cycle i had no idea when it could be. Crying or Very sad
Debbie36
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls, I couldn't agree more with all that has been said. I am 36 with no kids. 2 years ago I had a miscarrige and I felt that whenever I was round friends with kids I would get the 'pity look'. As though I could tell that people were feeling sorry for me . I'm sure that some thought that I might swipe their kids. LOL!!! Now I am in the early stages of pregnancy again and waiting to see if the pregnancy is viable and am telling no one so that if I miscarry again friends don't feel awkward around me. What I will say is that finding another focus as has been suggested has helped. After I miscarried I booked a trip to New York and spent a disgusting amount of cash on clothes! It did help a little. I'm now looking at a trip to Miami - all on the credit card of course.
Much love and positivity to us all. xxxxxxxxxxx
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
good luck debbie
i have 3 boys and trying for another so in march we took the kids to disneyland so that now we r back we r relaxed and stress free so hopefully that will help me concieve now im not so stresses
how far along r u
JanineAndCasey
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi swishy7

I know exactly how you feel. I have been trying for 5 months and EVERYONE is pregnant around me (or so it feels). I have had 2 friends who have told me in the last couple of weeks that they are expecting (one planned and one not) and to top it all my sister-in-law who barley can look after herself has announced at the beginning of this week that she is prgnant. All I want to do is announce that I am pregnant (and that is really hard to do when your not!!!) My husband is really supportive and gives lots of encouragment and cuddles when I get upset which helps. I keeps telling me that our baby will come soon so I just try to focus on other things (which is really hard when my every waking thought is babies) such as work and my pets and family.

Hope you get there soon, sending lots of lucky baby thoughts your way xx
swishy7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject: Thank you
Thank you all for your good wishes and support. Just hearing others stories and the good thoughts have helped. Once the school year is over(I'm a teacher) we are going to take a trip. I think that will help. Only 37 days left of school. Thanks again. I wish you all the best.
tinytot
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:47 am 
Post subject: tryin
hi im 19 and we r tryin for a baby is there any gd tips that anyones has that might help us ?
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
hi tinytot
how long have u been tryin?
ladyann
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:08 pm 
Post subject: HI
HI , i posted witht he title "a lil story" , i have mentioned just some personal points i changed in me, hope it helps. good luck Exclamation Smile
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
hi tiny i think the best advice (although probably the hardest to do) is to relax and dont get yourself too worked up about it all, really hard to do tho when all you think about is getting pregnant
r u using ovulation kits? i have not been using them i have jst been charting my cm and have worked out when im ovulating from that, i read and was told that ovulation tests were not really worth it so ive never tried them,
how long have u been trying?
me n my partner have been trying for 10 months but have now been referred to fertility clinic jst to make sure everything ok
gl hope you get the result u want soon
x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular