Cramping during intercourse

Catherine1587
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:00 am 
Post subject: Cramping during intercourse
Hi there i am 21 weeks pregnant, and up until now sex has been rather enjoyable, without any problems,

but last night during sex, i got this really intense cramping, it was horrible and really hurt, i pushed my partner off me but it has really worried me, the cramping eased after a while as i rubbed my baby bump. i just feel really guilty like i put my pleasure before the baby's well being, i am too scared to try sex again, but i have another four months till i give birth, i am quite upset and am not really sure, what to do.

has this happened to anyone?

xxxx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:25 am 
Post subject:
hi catherine....first of all dont panic! this sounds pretty normal, because of the ligaments stretching that support your womb they can cause cramps. im now 27 wks gone and i find sex really uncomfortable for a number of reasons but be rest assured that there is no harm can be done to your baby. all i would say is that if it carrys on being uncomfortable to have a chat with your midwife just so as she can put your mind at rest.
its also worth trying a different position where penetration during intercourse isnt as deep... hope my advice helps, i know what a worry it can be.
dawn x
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi Dawn,

you are a godsend Smile I was really worried and stressed out about it, but reading your response has really helped i feel alot happier this morning and have had no further cramping, its good to know this is normal.

Congratulations on your preganancy! do you know what you are having? or have you kept it a surprise?

thank you so much dawn Smile

xxxx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:51 am 
Post subject:
hi i have had the same since about 20 weeks i was convinced i was going in to early labour lol still get it now and then xxx
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:12 pm 
Post subject: xx
this mite seem like a really stupid question but i ant had sex since 20 weeks (not by choice btw lol) will this mean wen my baby is born it will be tighter down there and id be more likely to need stiches (sorry if this seems like a dumb question but carnt realy ask me mum this lol) xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
Catherine, the cramping also comes from your uterus slightly contracting when you're being ...eh....satified....lol. I asked my midwife about it as I freaked out earlier in the pregnancy and she said the better the sex, the more it'll cramp!!! She said it's nothing to worry about and some people even have a little bleeding afterwards.
Mylillamb I wouldn't have thought you would shrink down there Wink , ask your midwife about how to stretch your pelvic muscles nearer the end of your pregnancy. I was reading yesterday about how you can use olive oil and just your fingers (sorry I knwo this sounds gross!) to help stretch and manipulate the muscles down there nearere the end which is meant to make it easier at birth xxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
no i cant see it being a problem my first pregnancy the dad left us when pregnant so i never had it either and i didnt have a scratch with him so u should be fine xx good luck not long to go now
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Cjarchibald - I read about that 'stretching' technique in a magazine this morning, will have to read it again as I think I might give it a go but could not work out quite how to do it lol Saying that my son who is 12 weighed 9ib 8oz and I didnt have a stitch!!! not sure if thats anything to brag about though Wink

Flossie xx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
WARNING : FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO READ ABOUT VAGINAS DON'T READ ANY MORE!!! Laughing
Hey Flossie,
From how my book descibes it, to me it looks like you use thumb and forefinger on the same hand to push out a few cms inside and just building it up day by day from around 36wks. The diagram shows the hand as if it's doing the opposite motion to pinching if that makes sense. I've got the midwife next Fri so will ask her if it's worth doing or a pile of nonsense. The book also says to get your partner to help you do it.......I just about peed myself laughing when I read that bit, It'd be like chinese water torture for all concerned! Laughing Laughing Well done on the 9lb baby delivery, I think mines is going to be big cos I am already measuring 5cm over for fundus (how I love that word!) size! xxxxx
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
i read about that too...my book says you should do it from 32 weeks onwards...my partner keeps telling me that hes seen on the news that you should do it straight away and that its a mans job! (cheeky sod will try anything to get his hands on my bits!)
we are going to give it a go though as when i was expecting my daughter 12 yrs ago i used to rub baby oil in my bits after a bath or shower as the midwife said it would help prevent tearing... i didnt have any stitches with her and delivery was very quick...plus i had had no sex during that pregnancy as my daughters dad had done a runner.... but thats another story! lol
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
I think i'm going to give it a go. I am very relaxed about labour at the moment cos I just keep thinking it's got to happen and it's going to hurt so there's nothing I can do about it now!!! The only thing that bothers me is having to get an episiotomy so if rubbing a bit of oil down there makes it easier, i'll ready and willing!!!! xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular