My little man isn't well :(

Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:53 pm 
Post subject: My little man isn't well :(
Archie has had a temp all day and not been well in himself, he has been sick once, and is now having a nap. Not an emergency in an everyday child but as Archie has a blood sugar condition with him not eating I have to keep checking his his blood sugar levels, just feel so sorry for him and hope we can keep him out of hospital and away from the nasty NG tube!! Sad
Got an out of hours appointment at 3.30pm so hopefully if its any type of infection we will get a prescription and make it to boots that closes at 4.

Don't really want any advice just need to let it out Crying or Very sad
xx

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
aww hun Sad how is he? how did appt go? hope ur all ok xxx
Jennifer256
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
Doc not concerned said it is viral, threw up his calpol so temp went back up to 40 Sad luckily was due to have some ibuprofen so that has brought it down a little again, wouldn't take his bottle going to bed so gonna be checking his blood sugars through the night.

To top it off Charlotte has been a bit of a pest today, she whines whenever you put her down likes to be entertained all the time, and then the dog went and had a bloody fit, he has had one before and it puts me on edge in case he has a bad one, oh gonna take him the vet tommorrow but I will be on my own with him and the kids all day till he gets in and I am [*CENSORED*] myself in case he has another one.

And I am shattered, can't stop crying, not normally like this but it has just been to much today!!

Missdooolittle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hope your lo is better soon, your poor dog, my mums dog poppy has fits and its awful, she is on edge too for days after. It jst seems so unfair on them Crying or Very sad

I think your entitled to a little cry with what you have going on, bettrr out than in hun xx
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
Well we ended up in hospital Sad very dramtic checked Archies blood sugar at 6.00am and it was 2.2 re-checked and it was 2 so had to give his glucagen into his thigh and phone an ambulance, he was not eating much or drinking but managed to keep him off a drip or having an NG tube placed by the skin of our teeth.

They have let us home now after one night stay as we know how to control his condition and he is eating a bit.

Not had a hospital admission for 9 months and was doing so well, just shows as soon as we take our eye of the ball abit eh!!

O well back to normal hopefully x x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular