Cough Remidies

fletchie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:27 pm 
Post subject: Cough Remidies
Hi,

My lil one is nearly 10 months old and is really suffering just now. Got conjunctivits in both eyes, nose is streaming and has now got a horrible cough.

Went to chemist this morning but all they gave me was Para C and Iphruhen and told to keep her fluids up. They wont give me any cough remidies as she is only 9 months.
Is there anything else i can do to help her?
Miriam84
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Here in the ROI you can get a honey and glycerine syrup you can give from 3 months, I think you should be able to get it in the UK. It hasn't helped Avril at all I have to say, but maybe you'll have more luck. Other then that you're not really allowed to give them anything.

Last time I went to the pharmacy for a cough Avril had, he gave me some lollies to at least keep the throat moisturised, that's the only thing that's ever helped but your little one is too young for lollies I guess.

It's annoying isn't it, not being able to do about it. I won't rant on about it because I already did that in a post last week... Embarassed
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
you can get honey and glycerol syrup in the uk, but its only suitable for over 1. honey and lemon in hot water (cooled) is good but your only allowed to give honey after 12 months.

if hes mastering finger foods you could try him with a sugar free ice lolly, or tip tip, i was giving these to Sam from 9-10 months, great for teething aswell.

fletchie
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Tip Tip???? Never heard of them. She has had 4 v.stinky nappies today, normally she has about 1 a day and they are getting runnier. From what i can see she isnt digesting some of her food. Can see whole carrots etc in it. She still is having low temp from thermomters but feels warm to touch.
Is there anything i can do in regards to her room i.e warm or open window?
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
sorry typo, should be tip top. the ones that come in the plastic tubes, you generally buy them in a liquid form and freeze them.

could it be possibly hayfever? iv been suffering the last week myself. runny nappies it could be teething. as for the food in her pooh, i still get that from time to time with sam.

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
hiya

saline nose sprays sometimes help. Steam is good for coughs often. With Milly I used to pop a pot of boiling water with a couple of drops of Karvol in it just near her cot. Sometimes the odd drop of karvol or olbas on the pillow can help too.

If it gets really bad, pop to GP as she may need a couple of weeks on an inhaler
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
she's had lil coughs before, bt this one seems quite bad. When she coughs, she goes bright red and looks like she's either gagging or going to throw up
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
sounds like it's very mucus filled then? that normally makes them seem pukey with it. I would definitely try to clear out the mucus. Karvol/olbas on the pillow, the karvol plug ins are good if you can afford them Smile lots and lots of steam!!
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

My lil one still has her cough. Had it now for about a week n half. Just wondeing how long does a cough usually last? She has thrown up 4 times now with cough
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
I'm a bad person to ask, as Isaac usually has a cough for pretty much the whole of winter due to his asthma!! 3 weeks or so isn't uncommon. If you are worried though - and puking that much isn't great - pop to your GP as it may be that she needs a couple of weeks of inahlers. Is the cough worse at night?

Jump to:  

Community

Popular