Maternity Allowance and Bonus from Employer

mummy2four
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 am 
Post subject: Maternity Allowance and Bonus from Employer
Hi can anyone help me.

I started for my new employer in May this year and am due to have my baby in october. I dont qualify for SMP but do for Maternity allowance. However i have agreed with my employer that i will return to work after one month. I dont want to lose out on Maternity Allowance so is there a way that he can pay me via a bonus system (i only work 3 hours a day, 3 days a week) or would it have to be cash and not on books. All help would be greatfully received. Thanks Hannah
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
im not sure if you can do that, maybe speak to the jobcentre (i think thats who pays maternity allowance)

but as for the returning to work after a month, you may say that now but might change your mind closer to the date, so i wouldnt promise anything to your employer. i intended to return to work after 6 months, but ended up extending it to 9 months as i couldnt bear the thought of leaving my daughter. it was still hard when i went back, but found it a bit easier as she was 8 months, and getting about and eating solids, so i had less to worry about. there is no way i would have left her at 1 month.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Message Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular