Breast Feeding - 2 hours

loader
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:28 pm 
Post subject: Breast Feeding - 2 hours
Hello, my baby is only 4 weeks old and I am noticing that he is feeding every two hours, which is time consuming, even during the night. I was considering giving him water, but not sure. This is my second boy and everything my baby wakes up during the night I just give in incase he wakes my 3 year old up, cause he already suffereing with waking up at 6 were he used to to wake at 8. Any ideas on what I can do, I give up keep reading different books, I would rather listen to someone that as already been through it.
StarryEyed
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
My son was also feeding every 2 hours. This, for him, was normal. Every baby is different. He started out feeding every 3 hours, but it was taking him an hour each time! After a couple of weeks it changed to 2 hours, but was taking less time. Babies who are breast-fed tend to feed more frequently. Formula milk is not made like breast milk, it is made with cows milk. This is harder to digest for babies so makes them less hungry.

When my son reached 16 weeks, he slowed to every 3 hours. By 20 weeks, he was ready for weaning - his weight-gain had slowed to 2oz per 2 weeks and he kept trying to grab our dinner!

If he is waking at night, have you tried Infacol? Does he sleep in your room?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular