problem feeder

Audlas123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:47 am 
Post subject: problem feeder
My 10 week baby has in the past 2 weeks started to feed well for the first 2-3oz, winds well then screams when I try to give her the rest of her feed. This is VERY distressing for both of us and I can't see a reason why its happening. I've spoken to the HV who suggested dr Brown bottles which have made no difference and I've tried gripe water and Infacol with no success. I don't think she's colicky as she doesn't cry at any other time and is generally contented and happy. I'm feelinf very stressed with the situation and would really appreciate any advice whatsoever. If I give her a long break she will sometimes take another few ounce, but not always and not without an initial fight. I hate to see her so upset.
Thanks in advance for any help!
StarryEyed
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Try not winding her till later in the feed. Some babies don't need winding at all, it just 'pop's out at the end.

My son is breast-fed, but circumstances meant I had to give him a bottle on occasion. He was taking 4fl.oz. at a time and it was easier not to wind him till the end.

She may react badly to this, but it's worth a shot Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular