Sick after feeding!

PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject: Sick after feeding!
My 3 week old baby girl is very often sick after breast feeding, I know that she is taking air in as I can hear it, but I cant stop it!! I dont know what i'm doing wrong to make her mouth come away so often to take air in. I've tried nose drops incase she had a blocked nose, but it hasnt helped. Its a nightmare in the middle of the night, as I find myself sitting up for an hour after ive fed her to make sure she's not sick, and if she is sick, she's hungry again, so starts the process!

Any tips on latching on correctly etc would be greatly appreciated!
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
hi
it is a bit tricky till u get the hang of it u should put your nipple at the top of the babys mouth near her nose then let her open her mouth really wide to get it then latch her on
also try puting her body under your arm and feed her that way
good luck
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks honie i'll try that on the next feed an see if it helps!
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:38 am 
Post subject:
hi petralou
how u gettin on with the breast feedin hope its gettin easier now try to stick it out as it does get easier the older the baby gets
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Honie, she is still being sick - not after every feed, but often. She was weighed this morning and is gaining excellent weight, so need to worry about that! She was 8lb born, and is 10lb 2 now and is 25 days old. Midwife said she is thriving! I think its more the mess it makes, and that it upsets her when she's sick. I'm trying to keep her very still after she has fed.

tried the latching on as you advised, still a bit tricky, as she is used to me just putting the nipple straight into her mouth - got to get her to tilt her head back now to get it, not easy but im sure we'll get there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular