Going back to work advice

kellyinlondon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject: Going back to work advice
Hey,

I have a 9 week old daughter and will be going back to work at the end of September. The girl that I work with has just been told that she needs to sign a new contract at work. The new contract will mean she recieves less money per hour and it also changes her working hours to include every other weekend whereas before we only worked during the week. She has refused to sign this contract and has been told that if she doesn't sign it they will terminate her contract. As me and her have identical contracts because we do exactly the same job it is obvious that when I return back to work I will be asked to sign a new contract too. Legally i'm pretty sure I don't have to but wondered if anyone else has had this problem and could they offer me any advice?
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kelly,
I've read some stuff about this on the government websites and there are different rules for employers for after ordinary mat leave and additional mat leave. I have phoned ACAS before for advice on work before and they were amazing and so helpful.

This is the number

Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00 - 08457 47 47 47

They are legally trained so they can advise you of your rights xxxxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular