nearly 3yrs old cant tell me he needs to go potty.

mam25
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:12 pm 
Post subject: nearly 3yrs old cant tell me he needs to go potty.
Hi,

i have come here for some much need advice. i have a son who is nearly 3 and i'm trying to train him as he is starting pre-school in sept but i keep hitting the same problem everytime i try to train he won't tell me he has to go and ends up having accidents.he can however tell me when he has gone wee wee or poo when he has a nappy on.he is an only child so i have no older children for him to copy..please please if anyone can give me even the smallest amount advice or tips i would be o greatful...

thanks
michelle...
Corrie22
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
Do you let him run about with no trousers/pants on? That would be the first step and if he goes on the floor then get him on the pot straight away (don't tell him off). Easier if you don't have carpets but if it's a nice day outside you could be in the garden. He'll soon realise he is doing it and stop mid flow then finish on the potty, then loads of praise and it should hopefully fall into place. I wouldn't really expect him to tell you before he does it when you first start potty training.

Good luck!

mam25
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Corrie22 wrote:
Do you let him run about with no trousers/pants on? That would be the first step and if he goes on the floor then get him on the pot straight away (don't tell him off). Easier if you don't have carpets but if it's a nice day outside you could be in the garden. He'll soon realise he is doing it and stop mid flow then finish on the potty, then loads of praise and it should hopefully fall into place. I wouldn't really expect him to tell you before he does it when you first start potty training.

Good luck!

I just have lil boy pants on him and have potty in full view....I have rewards charts treats i', training him about 2 months noww and don't seem to be getting anywhere..he will tell me when he needs to go when there is a nappy on but not when its off....He gets very upset with accidents and i have never once told him of for it..even as a newborn when he wud wet while changing a nappy he go mental....I will just keep going and one day he surprise me thanks
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
my son is almost three, and also starting pre-school in septmber,..... i tried potty training him about a month or two ago so he'd toilet trained by the time he started,...... it was a disaster, and i tried everything, i tried pull-up pants and setting him on potty every 20mins, but kept missing it,,..... next i tried going with no nappy on, and OH was shocked to dicover the half of our sofa and chairs outside drying when he came home from work that day! lol! i also tried the reward chart, and he did get one sticker, but he hadnt really earned it properly, (he'd been on potty for ages and when i finally stood him up he started weeing on floor, so i quickly set him back down an he 'finished the job' in the potty. thats the one an only time he's ever managed to do anything in the potty.

After talking to a few friends whos lo's are a little older than Colin, they said the pre-school shoudn't mind about weather he's potty trained or not, and he's obviously not ready just yet.

Colin can tell me if he's got a 'poo-bum' and hides himself behind curtains (or under a desk in the O2 shop once) lol! he also makes weeing noises when sitting on potty, and strains to try and use potty, but nothin ever happens! Sad

ur LO doesnt sound ready yet either, and as frustrating as it is, u probably wont be able to rush him into it till he's ready!

xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
yes i dont think they mind so much at preschool if a child isnt potty trained they obviously expect u to try to see if the child is ready but not every child is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular