hello ladies advice needed on how potty train please??? x
NoddysWorld
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
They say it's easier to train girls.

My mum said she did a wee in the potty and I then knew what to do, several of my friends have done the same, my SIL did that with her little boy and he seemed to get it too. Thats a start I suppose.

Gd Luck
amie41
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
i have tried sittin him on it time n time again but he just wont sit on it
Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
I was talking about with my mum yesterday, as my sil was planning to potty train the oldest before the new arrival. She was saying it's easiest in the summer, as she kept the potty close, let us run around in the garden, play and as soon as she noticed something happening, would grab us and place us on it. Not hard handed or anything, but just so we knew what the point of the whole thing was. Smile After a few times the penny dropped. Wink
Tricks of the old days hey. Laughing Hope that maybe helps you a little bit. Smile
Judging by this, I do realise that if that BFP happens one day, we have much to look forward to. Laughing
Good luck!
thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
I would say don't stress about it and there's no harm in waiting until they are 3, it's much easier changing a nappy than it is to keep changing wet clothes and cleaning carpets and floors, wet sofas and bedding! Sometimes children do it when they are ready, but don't try too early, it just causes frustration for everyone.

xx
EmilysMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
I did baby signing with miss E and noticed around 15 months she started signing when she used her nappy.
We don't have carpets so don't have the mess issue so around 18 months (summer) let her run round with no bottom half on and had the potty around. Quite early I know but she was late teething and had awful nappy rash on so being nappy free was the only option if we were at home. She had ups and downs but got the idea - rarely getting there in time but there were lots of wees close to the potty so lots of floor cleaning. BUT we did it to let her rash clear rather than for the potty training. It did mean though that she got used to it being around, she also got used to not having a nappy on all the time.

We took it more seriously as she turned 2. A friends little girl was potty trained so when we were there she would copy her friend. It was a bit hit and miss, she would be fine at home. I'd leave the potty out and she would go, we even went to play groups and use the potty there. Problems was she never asked, she liked to go independently and the childminder had a crawling baby so couldn't leave a potty around for her.
At 25 months she had the day with my mum who gave her a chocolate button every time she asked for the potty she got a chocolate button... well she came home dry and within a week was dry at night too!
After the day with my mum the childminder started too and she got stickers when she asked for it and all was fine.
I think it would have been easier if everyday had been consistent for her instead of 3 days with nappies although I can understand it was difficult for the childminder.

Hope some of the info helps.

Good luck. I used washable nappies so though one of my friends said it was too soon and I'd have had less problems if I'd done it when she was older I'm glad the washing is over!
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
I'd be guided by your child when mine were little I'd take them with me to the loo so I knew they were safe and when they started to be interested in the toilet I had a step and seat and would ask if they needed a wee too and just took it from there, I found there wasn't much point trying before they could tell when they needed to go and say they needed to go , letting them see other kids use the loo or potty helps as well as they like to copy, mine always got on much better with the toilet though than potties and were usually between 2 and 2 1/2 before they were completely dry during the day but probably in nappies at night a bit longer, waiting wasn't really an option as our local playgroup wouldn't take them until they were toilet trained xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular