Poo in Pants

Samandzac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:25 am 
Post subject: Poo in Pants
Hi All,

Its day 7 potty training my 2 and half year old son. He is now 9 times out of 10 telling me when he needs to do a wee. However he will only do poos in his pants. He knows when he wants to go but if I try to put him on the potty he cries and says nothing is coming. Then as soon as his pants are up he does it!!

I've tried offering chocs or lollies if he does it in the potty, but he just seems scared.

Any help would be great

Thanks
thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:42 am 
Post subject:
try this - when your son has eaten his lunch sit him on the potty, the action of eating a meal makes the body want to do a poo, can't remember the name of it but give it a go and see, don't stress too much, he is still quite young I don't recommend starting until age 3.

good luck xx
Samandzac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Thanks for the advice. I've tried and he won't go!! He is now holding his poo in and hasn't done one for 2 days.

I am currently feeding him fruit.

Not sure what else to do!
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
im having the same with my daughter. i tried waiting til she was straining and then trying to get her on the potty, but she would just go tense and i had no chance. in the end i bought a toilet seat and would sit her on that when she was trying to do a poo. she has been once on the toilet and actually went on the potty on her own the other day. but shes still very hit and miss, and like your son holds it in. shes been dry for 6 weeks, but still working on poo.

the only advice i can say is to keep persevering and put up with dirty pants and poo on the floor, or resort back to nappies for poos.

what i do with my daughter if she does a poo anywhwere but the toilet or potty, i put it in the potty and say 'poo goes in the potty' hopefully it will work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular