iron supplements

Avo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:34 pm 
Post subject: iron supplements
Can anyone advise. My granddaughter born 10 JAN has been given iron supplements. She is now having constipation, stomach pain and being sick. We live in Portugal and it seems to be common to give babies iron. She is being breastfed, was six weeks premature but did not require any artifiaal assistance. In my day (I am 54) babies were not given iron, in fact I would not take it myself. I would love to hear anything on this subject.
somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:39 am 
Post subject: spanish doctors
hello there
My boyf is Spanish and still out there - and as I travel over quite regularly I thought that it would be best to register myself with a Spanish doctor seeing as I am pregnant.

I was given a prescription for iron and sodium - which my boyf colected from the pharmacy. Have only taken one sachet so far as would rather speak to a British doctor about taking this before I actually do.

i think its pretty common practice to give out iron supplements on the continent in case you are aenimic. Confused

will let u know wot doc says tommorow

have so many questions for him that i need to prepare a whole list! that way i wonīt forget
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
good luck at doc tomorro how far r u in your pregnancy?
somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:00 pm 
Post subject: hiya
HI THERE

iīm 17 weeks pregnant now

They defo DONīT advise that you take those iron supplements in the UK.

So I have just put the Spanish sachets away in a drawer.

My iron levels are a bit lower than they should be - but not enough to be a concern and they donīt advise they take the stuff that the Spanish doctor prescribed for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular