Can I start ttc straight away

Hayles18
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 pm 
Post subject: Can I start ttc straight away
Hi,

I suffered a miscarriage just over a week ago when I was 8 weeks pregnant.I had an early scan that showed an empty sac and a few days after this I started bleeding. I have since had another scan with has confirmed that it is a complete miscarriage and the bleeding has just about stopped now.

I know that it is recommended that you wait until after your first af before ttc again but I'm really keen to try again asap.

I'm 41 and was trying for a year after a sterilisation reversal before I got pregnant this time so time isn't on my side. I also think that on only of my tubes is clear so this also reduces my chances.

Would there be an added chance of problems if I didn't wait as recommended. Question

Any advice would be appreciated. xx
KaBum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
As far as I'm aware you can? I did after mine (unfortunately unsuccessfully) it does however make it hard to date the pregnancy should you conceive straight away

So sorry to hear of your loss, good luck ttc x
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
I waited until i had had af, however i think it was for emotional reasons as i wasn't coping very well. However, although they advise you wait, i think you can try again right away.

I'm sorry about your loss. Good Luck ttc xx

choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
so sorry for your loss hun Crying or Very sad

I was told they only like you to wait till after your first af because it makes it easier for them to date you but if you did get pregnant right away it wouldn't do any harm xx
Hannah born Jun '12
Hayles18
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies.

I am really gutted and was extremely emotional up to the point that I had a scan and was told that it was all over but with my age I know that I'm at a greater risk of miscarriage. I'm just trying to think positive that at least it shows that my reversal has worked.

Wishing good luck to you all x Smile
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
I got pregnant again straight after.. literally the next month.. of my first mc this year and also lost that one. I think my body just wasn't ready as I was still bleeding a bit even. However my friend got pregnant within a month or two after mc at 6 weeks and gave birth to healthy twins. I think it's just random. Sorry for your loss and hope it all works out for you x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular