After Birth Constipation

Kyo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:43 pm 
Post subject: After Birth Constipation
Ok so its been 6weeks since i have given birth they said constipation after is normal. But i have still been still constipated but been eating nuts like crazy and so nuts in poop and constipation hurts so bad and feel it cutting me as a go to the bathroom and sure enough there is blood. So for the past two days i stopped eating nuts and went to the bathroom it came out a lot easier but still blood a lot of blood. Is this bad?!?!?
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
sounds like you could have piles. if it hurts when you go, and there is blood, go and see your doctor and they will give you cream or suppositories.

to stop me getting constipated after having my daughter i used to have 2 weetabix and a glass of orange juice for breakfast, worked a treat!

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

After I had Oliver I was given iron tablets, NEVER AGAIN - I don't care how deficient in it I am! It made my stools black and as hard and fat as rocks - this was never explained to me when I was given them.

I ended up with an anal tear and I have never been right since tbh (symptoms were like someone stabbing me in the @ss with a serated knife, itching so bad that I wanted to tear my @ss off and bleeding, sometimes a bloodbath in the toilet bowl Embarassed ). The only thing that eased the symptoms was to take Movicol and Lactolous which soften my stools enough for the tear to heal. It has never fully healed though so it reoccurs every now and again but I know the smallest of symptoms now so I start taking Movicol before it gets worse.

You can get surgery for an anal tear but there is a very small chance it can go wrong and you end up with no bowel control! No thanks, I'd rather suffer!

I should have shares in the Movicol factory! But I'm taking it nearly every night at the moment as now I am preggers I sometimes have constipation.

I've just realised that this is one big and possibly scary rant, that wasn't my intention. What I am trying to say is that because I didn't know what was happening I left it a few weeks before I went to the Docs and if I'd have done it sooner I may have been able to stop it becoming so severe.

Terri xx

Kyo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
ugh still sounds all horrible i don't wanna go now Censored Censored Censored Censored
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular