No pants goes potty every time- clothes on accidents!

leahmmac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 am 
Post subject: No pants goes potty every time- clothes on accidents!
Hi, any advice for potty training problems. My son is 22 months old and suddenly started saying he wanted to go on th toilet so we initiated potty training. we let him run around without pants and he picked it up really quickly going on the potty without having to be reminded [although not as keen for poo's!]. After 5 days and no wee accidents we started putting him in pants and then he had non stop accidents,2 weeks later the situation hasn't improved- he doesn't make any attempt to go to the potty or tell me he needs to go when he has clothes on but tells me afterwards. I read advice to wear loose shorts or bigger pants so he doesn't feel like wearing a nappy but still no joy and only manage to go without accidents if constantly get him to sit on potty or remind him and he is getting stroppy ab0out me doing this so I don't want it to turn into a battle. WHat do I do???Do i give up and go back to nappies until he is abit older ir just stick with it?
shell1510
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:28 pm 
Post subject: same!
Interested to know if u have managed to get past the accidents when dressed! My son is 2past july and has been using the potty for ages now without needing reminded but the minute i put pants on he pees despite frequent reminders to use potty! Aaaaargh! Its frustrating! He cant run around naked forever!!! Very Happy
shell1510
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:31 pm 
Post subject: same!
Interested to know if u have managed to get past the accidents when dressed! My son is 2past july and has been using the potty for ages now without needing reminded but the minute i put pants on he pees despite frequent reminders to use potty! Aaaaargh! Its frustrating! He cant run around naked forever!!! Very Happy
leahmmac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:43 am 
Post subject:
still no joy! had the odd accident free day but that is only if i religiously put him on potty every 45mins or watch for the signs he needs to go constantly-still have about 2-3 accidents a day so lots of washing going on. Makes no attempt to tell me he needs to go! Going backwards the last few days cos he was perfect when running round naked and never had an accident but last 2 days he won't even attempt to go potty without his pants on- very frustrating. Good luck with yours!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular