Just a little nervous... Advice?

MrsMurray
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 pm 
Post subject: Just a little nervous... Advice?
I've recently gone back to work after maternity leave, I've been back about 2 weeks now.. And I'm 10 weeks pregnant.

I still need to tell my boss, and was hoping to wait until I'm 12 weeks so I can give her the A-OK after my scan.. But I suffer with terrible morning sickness so don't want anyone figuring it out and telling her before me. Also I work in caring so there's a bit of heavy lifting which I shouldn't really be doing.

I'm really nervous what she will say. And what all my co-workers will say as I'll have to be on light duties again which means more work for them, which isn't fair, but it's not like I can help it. Im not going to put the health of my JellyBean at risk to make work easier for them..

Any advice? I'm thinking of telling her tomorrow..

chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
If you are doing alot of heavy lifting then i'd tell your boss ASAP. I remember when i told the place i was working at the boss said it would definately be light duties and any time i needed breaks or things were getting too much then i was to rest. I was also worried about other people having to do the heavy lifting etc but like the manager said - most woman will have been there before and in a few years we will have to do the heavy lifting for other girls who are pregnant. Its not worth putting your baby at risk.

Hope it goes well tomorro Smile x x

MrsMurray
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 am 
Post subject:
Alright thank you Smile. I unfortunately haven't been able to tell her yet as she's been on holiday this week again. Will hopefully be able to tell her Monday!

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
definitely agree, just get it out there and let her know asap Smile

xx
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
have you told her yet??? if so how did it go??? Hope it was ok!!! Smile