ttc after c section - advise please

emmacook
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:18 am 
Post subject: ttc after c section - advise please
hiya, well i had a c section 3 1/2 months ago and have a beautiful son.

my q is, me and my dh would love another, to complete our family, and want to do it sooner rather than later, now i know doctors always says - wait 12 months - they also say that after 3 months you are properly healed - but i was wondering about people who have concieved before the 12 months, how did your pregnancies go etc? was everything ok?

its not some crazy thought we have just had, its always been an open discussion for us, to have our children aged a year or 18months or so apart so we arent just "rushing into it" without thinking as you are possibly thinking lol!!
i will go to doctors before hand, but i would just like some "real people" stories, rather than text book rules from gp!! - they arent the most helpful when it comes to reality lol

anyone with any experience with this i'd love to hear from you regarding how it went for you xx
Emma x

JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am 
Post subject:
hiya hun xxxx
i had a c-section with my little man and yes they say wait 1 year but i got pregnant 11 months after him but unfortunately lost him at 19 weeks but this had nothing to do with my pregnancy it was just bad luck xxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
emmacook
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:34 am 
Post subject:
i'm really sorry to hear that , and thankyou for your reply. i am on the pill at the mo, but we are in discussions regarding coming off it after another month of it.. i may not even concieve straight away, and even if i do, my son will be 13 months old at least before second one would be due, (and thats IF i concieve in the first few weeks of stopping pill)

just wanna get some reassurance etc , and how you cope i guess lol!

thanks again for ur reply xx

claire176
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
I have a friend who has 15 months between her daughters - both c-sections and she was totally fine! I also have a friend who has 18 months between her children and her 2nd was a successful vbac so it can be done and done safely!

I also had a c-section, and I'm a little afraid to get pg again tbh. I have so many questions! I think I might make an appointment actually to see if I can get some answers! My main worry is how big can your bump get before the strain is too much? My dd was 8lb 4 on her due date and I'm worried, about the size as I've heard bumps and babies get bigger each pregnancy! And I want 3 so would that be safe?! Ooops - sorry I'll shut up now!
EmLou86
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
My Friend is on to her 3rd c-section baby withing 3 years! Her eldest will be 3 in November, and then she has a 15 month old, and her new baby will be born on 7th October... all by c-section! She has fairly decent pregnancies with all 3, its just the actual c-sections that seem to be bad because of her scaring (she has a condition to which messes her healing up) So i say it should be fine Smile Her babies were 9 months when she conceived her next!
Hope this helps Smile xx

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
My friend had a c-section and another baby a year after and was fine. might be worth taking to your GP before trying to see if they have any adivse or if you can speak to a midwife ?
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, I had a c-section with my 1st and fell pregnant with my 2nd exactly 11 months after and managed a v-bac! I had no problems and the doctors didn't seem to concerned. X
kerryno3
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
I had emergency c section with my daughter and fell pregnant with my son when she was 8 months old and my pregnancy was fine with my son. Although doctors like u to wait if u feel ready to have another baby go for it, u know ur body better than the doctors x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular