Hi Girls-39 and ttc 2+ years...

curlywurly39
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:04 pm 
Post subject: Hi Girls-39 and ttc 2+ years...
Hi Ladies,
Ok,heres a bit about me Im 39 and hubby 38-we have a 4 year old son and have been ttc for 2 years. Had tests from fs which revealed i have only one working tube and was given clomid. I did concieve but sadly not meant to be as i mc 2 weeks ago so am going au naturel this month then just 2 lots clomid left before ending our ttc journey. Unfortunately ivf is just too expensive so not an option for us. Is anyone out there the same?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:07 am 
Post subject:
I'm 41 and ttc with just one working tube (for 14 months) , I've got an appointment tomorrow (NHS)and am hoping I might be offered clomid .Do you ovulate without it ? I do but am hoping it will give us a boost in getting better eggs as I've not had anything since a chemical in december last year Confused There is also some doubt as to whether my remaining tube is still open and am hoping to get to find out soon, I would love to try IVF if it isn't but my OH isn't as keen as he's worried about the emotional aspect of it as well as the financial side , you can get cheaper deals in europe, I got a quote from a czech clinic for everything including ICSI and going to blast stage for 3,300 euros which was around 2890 (at the time I checked the exchange rate) Question which is about half what the same treatment could cost in the UK , but it's still a lot of money, if you ovulate on your own though then you still have a chance after finishing the clomid and a private doc might well give you another prescription, a consultation costs around 150 to 200 though ,still a lot cheaper than IVF, Good luck I hope the clomid works for you xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Hello and welcome.. I am 40 and have been ttc just over a year..
good luck xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular