bottle fed baby suddenly fussy

doubletrouble
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:30 am 
Post subject: bottle fed baby suddenly fussy
Hi all. I have 12 week old twins and my daughter, Mia, has suddenly become very fussy with her feeds. The bubs have always been bottle fed formula (Karicare Anti-Reflux). Mia will drink about 60mls, then start screaming hysterically and 'mouthing' the bottle. She has reflux and is on medication for this which I don't think is working, so maybe she's in pain?? She genuinely seems like she's starving hungry though, and will suck her dummy madly. She cries so much she loses her breath but if I stick the bottle in her mouth she won't drink! I have tried pretty much everything I can think of, but nothing works. She is now taking less than her recommended amounts per day and I am worried that she'll start losing weight. The health nurse is coming to weigh her, but what do I do about this problem? Has anybody got any ideas? I notice quite a few posts regarding this topic, but no one seems to have any answers. Please help if you can!
StarryEyed
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
If she has reflux, then perhaps a visit to the docs for some new medication?

It could also be colic. Have you tried Infacol?

As for how much she needs - each baby is different. She may not need as much as you think. Do check with your health visitor though.
Rubywoo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
hi there, i have an absolutely identical situtaion with my 8 week old daughter - did you manage to get to the bottom of it and resolve? hoping you have some advice for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular