lost my baby to ectopic :(

dimples89
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:33 am 
Post subject: lost my baby to ectopic :(
Well after only knowing I was expecting for 3 weeks I had emergency surgery on wednesday as my lil baby was in my tube Sad. I had my right tube removed as well as the baby. I have been told my left tube looks normal but was stuck to my uterus :s but still have a good chance of conceiving again, although there is a 1 in 5 chance of it occuring again. Doctors said when we decide to try again and we are trying for a year we can be referred to her clinic for ivf.
This has all happend so quickly I don't really know what to think at the minute, I thought writing it down on here would help me a bit.
I was at a&e on monday night, was told my blood tests were normal and I was sent home also she did an internal, that was normal. They booked me in for scan wednesday morning. More pain on tuesdaynnight but stopped after a few hours. Scan on the wednesday at 11:30, surgery at 12:30.
I didn't have any of the expected symtoms with an ectopic, I had very light bleeding and intermittent pain allover my belly rather than the one side, and no shoulder tip pain.
I am home now, with a bag of pain killers, quite bad bleeding from down below andmy wound site, I had key hole surgery so hopefully shouldnt be in pain much longer.
Sorry for the long post and I thank anyone who reads and replys. Xx
dimples89
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:33 am 
Post subject:
I was 7 weeks exactly, forgot to put that in there.
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Aww hunni.. so sorry to read this..
from what I know the shoulder tip pain comes in the very late stages of an ectopic,after the tube has ruptured..
I was also just over 7 weeks when my right tube .. almost ruptured.. and i lost my beanie and right tube.. like you I had keyhole.. and had recovered by 4 weeks..
I waited 2 AF cycles started ttc again and got a bfp 5 months on.. sadly I had a m/c at 5 weeks.. I know I ov from my tubless side that time as well..
so you can get pregnant with 1 tube it may just take a while longer!! .. I am currently ttc again.. wishing you a speedy recovery xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular