Chalky pale yellow poo. Please help :(

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 pm 
Post subject: Chalky pale yellow poo. Please help :(
Hi. My little man hasn't been right for a few days. On Wednesday evening he was sick after his dinner. We put it down to travel sickness as he'd been in the car a lot that day. He'd also had a bad few nights sleeping, so I thought perhaps he was tired. Thursday he seemed back to normal and slept through. Friday again he was sick in the morning, but nothing for the rest of the day. He had a couple of loose poos, but nothing he hasn't done before. Yesterday and today he's done several very soft very pale 'chalky' yellow poos. He's also not had much appetite. He'll refuse a meal and then be starving a few hours later. He's normally a good eater, not fussy at all. His bottom is quite sore now. If it wasn't for the poo's I'd probably just put this down to 'teething', but I've just googled 'chalky poo' and there's stuff about liver problems coming up!!! Sad Harry's sound asleep now and ate his tea and took his bedtime milk ok. He had 1 small runny poo before bed. I'm going to ring my doctors first thing and try and get him seen tomorrow. I'm worried now that I've missed something serious. please advise or reassure me. Thanks xxx

dizzylamb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
aaw, please don't google, it should be banned. You're obviously worried so get him in with the GP in the morning. It's probably just a bug of some sort. Amy's had poo in all sorts of colours and textures when she's been poorly (sorry TMI) and to be honest the doctor has never asked for specifics so I don't think it's a particular indicator of anything unless it's a long term problem. sorry if I'm not much help, hope your LO is feeling better soon x
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:19 am 
Post subject:
White poo can sometimes mean lacking bile, and lots of things can cause it not just liver problems so don't think the worst! I would get an appointment with your doctors today and get your wee man checked out.

I hope he feels much better soon, let us know how you get on!
Xx
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:42 am 
Post subject:
How did your LO get on at the doctors??
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. Thank you so much for your replies. The doctor was really sweet and didn't look at me for too long like I was some kind of derranged mother for googling my son's conditions! She say's she gets it ALL the time, even people insisting their children have tropical diseases etc! Looks like he just had a bit of a bug. Low and behold he's also better today, hasn't been sick or pooed since yesterday morning! Eating better today too. Sorry for being so neurotic, I'm never googling again!!! xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
Awww glad he is feeling better now.

Ha I'm beginning to think mum stands for neurotic really, as we worry about every little thing don't we! Very Happy
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
glad he's feeling better, I'm sure the doctors are used to it, google must be aright pain for them really, I bet they get people thinking they have all sorts of wierd and wonderful medical conditions when they've just got a cold or something!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular